Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
DON'T YOU JUST KNOW IT / Re: Jan on 'Silver Summer' and 'One Summer Night/Live'
« Last post by surferbee on July 26, 2021, 06:46:28 AM »
My concern with Dean's rerecordings is that those of us advocating for Jan and Dean do so on the basis of Jan's arrangements and productions - the original multi-layered versions. Our case is diluted at best with the inferior remakes that are all over the place. The casual listener is too easily taken to these. I came to Jan and Dean initially through the singles and was blown away when I discovered the richness of the albums.I can't imagine taking the time to do that based on Dean's reworking.
I strongly contend that Jan's expertise in the studio and his use of the Wrecking Crew was a huge influence on Brian Wilson. Impossible to prove this via the remakes.
I know Dean wasn't alone in this but the versions he gave us are so inferior to the originals. I think Jan's voice - multi-tracked - is often overlooked. His phrasing and the 'punch' of his voice gives further depth to the songs.

PS Can't wait for the new book.
DON'T YOU JUST KNOW IT / Re: Jan on 'Silver Summer' and 'One Summer Night/Live'
« Last post by 1Jay1 on July 26, 2021, 05:50:49 AM »
I like the ktel jan and dean story, also silver summer. The album cover on silver is great. What bugs me, is the amount of repackaging of these songs as the best of Jan and Dean albums. Not fair to true jan and dean fans,
DON'T YOU JUST KNOW IT / Re: 50 years ago on April 12
« Last post by 1Jay1 on July 24, 2021, 05:28:32 AM »
What happened to the driver of the truck Jan hit. Was their any legal action taken, and did Jan sue for damages to his car and topay hospital bills?
DON'T YOU JUST KNOW IT / Spotify hack?
« Last post by jdman on July 24, 2021, 05:06:56 AM »
On Jan and Dean Spotify thereís a song called No Slack. Itís a terrible rap song credited to Jan and Dean. Itís not them of course. Weird
DON'T YOU JUST KNOW IT / Re: Altfield-gibson
« Last post by 1Jay1 on July 24, 2021, 03:45:58 AM »
I did contact jill a few years ago, and said what a big part she was with the songs she wrote, its a  shame to say goodbye, is one of her best, if i m correct don was also credited as song writer.
« Last post by surferbee on July 23, 2021, 12:41:25 PM »
Jill certainly has a story and a really intriguing one. I guess she is directing her creativity into her art. She is immensely talented. http://www.gibsonarts.com

« Last post by 1Jay1 on July 23, 2021, 09:08:37 AM »
 just wondered, has jill or don wrote a book about working with jan and dean. I d also like to hear don version of ocean park angel,and hear his side why it was never released, as he was working on it, arranging it with jan.
DON'T YOU JUST KNOW IT / Re: Ocean Park angel/ Blue moon single
« Last post by 1Jay1 on July 21, 2021, 09:38:19 AM »
Read that Jan wanted this on second wave.and due to royalties he couldn't afford it. So how did Dean get it on his anthology cd, and jans port to paradise cassette.. This wasnt allowed to be released as a single, and ended up on two albums. How?
DON'T YOU JUST KNOW IT / Re: he Collectors Series Vol 1-17
« Last post by 1Jay1 on July 13, 2021, 06:33:40 AM »
The seller is: bohemia*rich on EBAY.  Rich Buckland is a Jan & Dean fan.  Here is a link to one one of his ads:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151403914253?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
the link doesnt work any longer.Anyone selling, I have 8,9,10,11,1213. I want to complete the series.
It looks like August 2. From Amazon.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10