Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
DON'T YOU JUST KNOW IT / Jan's Condition after the accident
« Last post by burton on August 11, 2022, 09:15:54 PM »
Hello peoples,

I just listened to the Steve Barri thing on xm radio. I did enjoy the content. He covered some good topics, Of course he mentioned Jan & Dean but no plays during the hour. Here's my question to you hardcore fans. And i admit i ponder a lot while i'm driving and such.. I HONESTLY believe LOU ADLER was responsible for what went on after the accident. Sure if a hit came out of Jan's recovery that would be a Grand Slam so to speak but in reality of the situation He (LOU) believed Jan in the studio at this time was PURELY THERAPUTIC. Like a big brother watching his younger now handicapped brother try and get back on the horse. In his heart he knew the act was over. I love Jan & Dean. I'm not trying to cut short that some people didnt believe Jan had something left but I do believe everything went through LOU. They had absolutely NO( WARNER BROTHERS ) label push whatsoever. It kept Jan somewhat busy and kept him reaching for the stars. What do you guys think??? AS the world as we know crumbles be kind to each other. God bless. Burton
DON'T YOU JUST KNOW IT / Re: Jan and Dean in china
« Last post by 1Jay1 on July 22, 2022, 04:43:37 AM »
I did contact Dean by the surf city allstars website a few years ago, I was told dean has no plans of this at the moment,
Its a shame,as a box set is well overdue.
DON'T YOU JUST KNOW IT / Route 66
« Last post by jdman on July 20, 2022, 10:23:56 AM »
Iím not sure if you guys are into theatre but thereís an off broadway musical called Route 66. It includes 3 Jan Berry compositions. Little Old Lady. Dead Manís Curve. And Move Out Little Mustang. Pretty cool. You can listen to samples at StageRights.com.

« Last post by surferbee on July 20, 2022, 05:48:05 AM »
Presumably the tapes exist.

This is all part of my content that we still need a Jan and Dean box set.
« Last post by 1Jay1 on July 20, 2022, 05:36:46 AM »
The song set list for the Hullabaloo concert is in Mark A Mooreís book, The Jan&Dean Record, page 267. Would have loved to hear a live A Beginning To An End.

Yeah me too, that would be great
« Last post by Surfermike on July 10, 2022, 12:19:47 PM »
The song set list for the Hullabaloo concert is in Mark A Mooreís book, The Jan&Dean Record, page 267. Would have loved to hear a live A Beginning To An End.
« Last post by 1Jay1 on July 08, 2022, 04:03:30 AM »
Does anyone have the full line up of the songs they done on Hullabaloo

DON'T YOU JUST KNOW IT / Marvelous Wonderettes
« Last post by jdman on June 08, 2022, 01:58:31 PM »
My wife and I went to see the Marvelous Wonderettes at the Alabama Shakespeare Festival theatre. Before the play, music from 1958 was playing and Jennie Lee by Jan and Arnie was blasting loudly. I said. Hey thatís Jan! My wife told me to pipe down lol
DON'T YOU JUST KNOW IT / Re: Surf City YouTube
« Last post by 1Jay1 on June 07, 2022, 04:57:22 AM »
I seen lyrics for this,

some say

I got/brought a 30 ford wagon and call it a woodie
Another one says
I got a 34 wagon and I call it a woody

very close , both could work ,is there a 30 ford?
DON'T YOU JUST KNOW IT / Jan Berry's Original Music Scores Being Published
« Last post by Admin on May 18, 2022, 09:57:51 AM »
AUTHENTIC SHEET MUSIC ó Fifty-six years after the car accident that changed his life forever, Jan Berryís original music scores and charts from the 1960s still existóthe actual documents used by the Wrecking Crew to record the original songs. These fascinating manuscripts open an important window on Janís body of work for Jan & Dean and other artists.

In association with Janís estate, author Mark A. Moore has begun to transcribe and publish some of Janís best arrangements, to shed more light on him as a songwriter and arranger, and to invite further study of the music.

These transcribed scores will interest musicians, music educators, school ensembles, bands, and any musician/aficionado of the West Coast Sound and the Hollywood studio system of the 1960s.

First up is the classic ďDead Manís CurveĒ . . . and more will soon follow:

Dead Manís Curve
Jan Berryís Authentic Original Music Score
Used by the Wrecking Crew to Record the Original Song (and for live performances).
Arranged by Jan Berry
Transcribed by Mark A. Moore

Size: 10″ x 14″
Length: 48 pages
Contents: Cover Page; Introductory Text; Full Score; Individual Charts; and End Page.
18 Parts: Alto Sax 1-2; Tenor Sax 1-2; Baritone Sax; Trumpet 1-3; Trombone 1-3; Bass; Guitars 1-3; Timpani; Drums; and Piano. (The classic "big band" lineup for jazz ensembles).

Distributed by: ArrangeMe and the Hal Leonard Corporation.
Licensed from: Screen Gems-EMI Music, Inc.
Available from: Sheet Music Direct, Hal Leonardís premier outlet for digital sheet music.
Published: May 17, 2022.

BUY NOW

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10