Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
A few years ago, i done a similar post to this, I did read that lou adler ,gave Jan the song he recorded in the 70-80 and he was gonna get them cleaned up, for a general release,

I'd like to hear the magic of making love, mother earth, its well over due, Deans got his Anthology,so why not Jan.
DON'T YOU JUST KNOW IT / Happy Christmas
« Last post by surferbee on December 24, 2021, 08:17:57 AM »
Happy Christmas to all Jan and Dean fans across the world and a big thanks to Mark for his two great books.

Happy new year everyone.

Hey so, anybody know if there's any chance Jan's '70s and '80s material may ever get a wider release? Like something a bit fancier than that Fun City from a few years ago? I mean, I'm glad it exists, but you can hear the vinyl crackling at some points and whatnot. It'd be cool if they could remaster the original tapes if they still exist.

Secondly, is the 1975 version of "Sidewalk Surfin'" that was spearheaded by Dean (but released as Jan & Dean) available digitally anywhere? Either download or CD? Cuz I feel like that one has fallen through the cracks. In fact, I'm not sure if I ever heard of it, or it's b-side, "Gonna Hustle You." Is it the same version of "Gonna Hustle You" as the version by the Legendary Masked Surfers?

One can easily find the original Jan & Dean version, which is good. You can also find the Silver Summer version pretty easily, while its pretty hard to find Jan's "Skateboard Surfin' U.S.A." is a bit harder to find through non bootleg means, besides the aforementioned Fun City compilation and of course the original single.
DON'T YOU JUST KNOW IT / Etsy
« Last post by surferbee on November 16, 2021, 12:46:57 AM »
Etsy are selling at ridiculous cost Jan and Dean 12 inch versions of Such a good night for dreaming - Palisades park, featuring vintage pin ups. They look terrible and a strange choice of songs. Does anyone know who is doing them and why?
DON'T YOU JUST KNOW IT / Re: iheart radio
« Last post by 1Jay1 on September 29, 2021, 05:25:00 AM »
Jd man, is there an email for the station? 
« Last post by jdman on September 29, 2021, 04:58:12 AM »
Iím listening to it. Played Surf City and Baby Talk. Then went to Oh What a Night by Frankie Valli. Itís just a typical station that plays music from the era and mixes in songs from the artist. Sidewalk Surfin playing now. All original recordings which is good 👍
« Last post by surferbee on September 28, 2021, 11:43:29 AM »
Google took me to a link but the station is not available in the UK.
DON'T YOU JUST KNOW IT / iheart radio
« Last post by 1Jay1 on September 27, 2021, 09:25:29 AM »
just been told there's a jan and dean radio station called iheart radio. My mobile phone isnt powerfull to hear, has anyone tuned into it. I d like an email address if anyone could help me.
DON'T YOU JUST KNOW IT / Dennis and Dean
« Last post by 1Jay1 on September 22, 2021, 11:12:32 AM »
Just recieved my copy of the beachboys with the philharmonic orchestra. Have to say I prefer the originals. One thing it has who played on each beachboys songs. It say hal blaine played on a lot of the recordings, both dean and dennis at times had other people doing their parts. Looks like brian wanted hal over dennis.
DON'T YOU JUST KNOW IT / Re: american pickers
« Last post by 1Jay1 on September 21, 2021, 02:05:01 AM »
Saw the program last night. Its season 16. Ep 14. Mike and frank brought a couple of surf boards. You can clearly see the surf city and other swinging cities lp . I also emailed them about a jan and dean skateboard.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10