Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
DON'T YOU JUST KNOW IT / Dennis and Dean
« Last post by 1Jay1 on September 22, 2021, 11:12:32 AM »
Just recieved my copy of the beachboys with the philharmonic orchestra. Have to say I prefer the originals. One thing it has who played on each beachboys songs. It say hal blaine played on a lot of the recordings, both dean and dennis at times had other people doing their parts. Looks like brian wanted hal over dennis.
DON'T YOU JUST KNOW IT / Re: american pickers
« Last post by 1Jay1 on September 21, 2021, 02:05:01 AM »
Saw the program last night. Its season 16. Ep 14. Mike and frank brought a couple of surf boards. You can clearly see the surf city and other swinging cities lp . I also emailed them about a jan and dean skateboard.
DON'T YOU JUST KNOW IT / Re: Speaking of "Linda"
« Last post by 1Jay1 on September 12, 2021, 07:11:04 AM »
i have the original lp and on the side, it says Mr bass man takes linda surfin.
Iím a little more than half way through and itís very difficult to put down. The hard part, like your previous book, is when itís 1966, and it gets close to April. You kind of relive those days and wish there was another outcome. Why didnít Jan get more sleep, why didnít he do the speed limit and  why did the truck have to be parked there that day? Well, youíre finally at April 12th, and nothing has changed. The truck is parked on the street and Jan is driving faster than normal. Sure canít change history. Every time I pick up this book, Iím hoping for someone who will think what a great movie this would be. Jan & Dean deserve it.
Just received the book and am in the middle of reading it now--terrific job, Mark! This work is as good as your last one!

I agree that there should be a bona fide movie about Jan Berry's career.  If such a project is realized, I hope it gets made by a well-funded operation outside the Hollywood establishment.  Since wealthy white people aren't exactly popular in the mainstream media these days, I think it's unlikely that Hollywood would make a film sympathetic to Jan or Dean.  That is, unless Tom Hanks were to produce and direct it.  He's on record as being a fan of Jan & Dean.
I just finished the book. Once again, you out did yourself Mark. Fantastic book from cover to cover! One minor error: Appendix C has the movie Blast from the Past playing Deanís Surf City.
Actually the version was the original fromí63.
Thank you for your hard work! It was worth it. I hope it becomes a movie 🎥
Brilliant news and thanks
Hi All
Writing from the UK.
I see that the new book is now listed on the publisher's website but Amazon are still saying unavailable (both US and UK sites). I have had my copy on order since February and wondered what the issues was. I bought Mark's other book (brilliant!) through Amazon UK.

Both editions are now available on Amazon in the U.S. The print version should be on Amazon UK soon. The Kindle version is already available there.
Hi All
Writing from the UK.
I see that the new book is now listed on the publisher's website but Amazon are still saying unavailable (both US and UK sites). I have had my copy on order since February and wondered what the issues was. I bought Mark's other book (brilliant!) through Amazon UK.

DON'T YOU JUST KNOW IT / Mullholland
« Last post by 1Jay1 on August 19, 2021, 05:52:16 AM »
When was the ad libs recorded for mullholland?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10