Author Topic: Filet of Soul  (Read 2611 times)

jdman

• Ode
    • View Profile
Filet of Soul
« on: August 31, 2016, 05:21:39 AM »
http://download1338.mediafire.com/7abv9a97xzvg/d99imh01iahvznw/filet+of+soul.mp3

Do you think this is close to the original concept? Someone put it together. It's a lot of fun to listen to. There are things I haven't heard before. The version of Norwegian Wood is different too.

Mark A. Moore

Re: Filet of Soul
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 11:03:13 AM »
http://download1338.mediafire.com/7abv9a97xzvg/d99imh01iahvznw/filet+of+soul.mp3

Do you think this is close to the original concept? Someone put it together. It's a lot of fun to listen to. There are things I haven't heard before. The version of Norwegian Wood is different too.

The original concept has been bootlegged from Dean's tapes. The above link is a fan's track list that mixes in cuts from the released version.

owen

• Liberty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 01:02:04 AM »
Mark, I remember a discussion here several years ago in which you suggested that Dean was interested in an official release for Filet of Soul - in approximately the form that it was originally presented to Liberty.

Do you know if this is still the case, and if any progress has been made with this? I for one would very much like to see Sundazed or someone release this because (as I said several years ago) I think it is a) funnay and b) ahead of its time. Its goofy surreal / stoned humour before Firesign Theatre even existed :)

Owen

Mark A. Moore

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 06:34:09 PM »
Mark, I remember a discussion here several years ago in which you suggested that Dean was interested in an official release for Filet of Soul - in approximately the form that it was originally presented to Liberty.

Do you know if this is still the case, and if any progress has been made with this? I for one would very much like to see Sundazed or someone release this because (as I said several years ago) I think it is a) funnay and b) ahead of its time. Its goofy surreal / stoned humour before Firesign Theatre even existed :)

Owen

I think the interest is still there. Maybe the release of Dean's book will help generate some momentum for it.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 06:38:11 PM by admin »

Kann

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 02:49:54 PM »

Owen

I think the interest is still there. Maybe the release of Dean's book will help generate some momentum for it.

I Would love to see this get an official release! Along with anything else not released by Jan & Dean!!!