Author Topic: Wrecking Crew Film  (Read 3891 times)

Admin

• Administrator
  • Arwin
    • View Profile
    • jananddean-janberry.com
Wrecking Crew Film
« on: June 23, 2015, 06:11:14 PM »

Here's a good podcast interview with Denny Tedesco about the film.

He discusses the long process of making the documentary, the conflict between Carol Kaye and Hal Blaine, and Carol's dislike of the film, etc.

http://alisonrosen.com/2015/04/ariynbf-381-with-denny-tedesco/

burton

• Doré
    • View Profile
Re: Wrecking Crew Film
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 04:02:37 PM »
The wrecking crew film is coming to netflix streaming sometime in july. Look for it. b

jdman

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 08:42:26 AM »
Very cool interview Mark. I like how Tommy includes Jan & Dean when he speaks of the Wrecking Crew. Sometimes they get forgotten. But he made a point to mention them. I especially like that he mentioned J&D when talking about Brian Wilson using the studio musicians instead of his band. But I'm still disappointed with the lack of Jan & Dean in the movie. Tommy obviously knows the connection between Jan Berry and the Wrecking Crew. But he did a great job and unfortunately went into a lot of debt to get it done.
The thing about Carol and Hal is disappointing. But that's life in rock n roll. Tommy said he was glad he was able to talk to the musicians when they were in their 60's because it's tougher to get the real story now that they're older. I think that's what's going on with Carol. Anyway, thanks for the link. Good interview.

dikelly54

• Arwin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 05:19:14 PM »
This film is showing tonight on AXS channel!  It may be shown again in the future.  The DVD is fantastic - lots of extra interviews and features.

sunny13

• Ode
    • View Profile
    • FB fan site
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 03:37:20 AM »
I pre-ordered and bought that DVD when the Wrecking Crew site announced it.  I thought there is great info and enjoyed Hal talking about J&D.  Like you all, I wish there was more info about them, because they certainly deserve it. I find the documentary pretty cool, learned some new stuff about other artists.

Mike1965

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 05:40:29 AM »
The dvd can be ordered here:  http://store.wreckingcrewfilm.com/

TallPaulInKy

• Arwin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2016, 05:49:23 PM »
Wrecking Crew is streaming on NetFlix...