Author Topic: Love and Mercy  (Read 2976 times)

jdman

• Ode
    • View Profile
Love and Mercy
« on: April 27, 2015, 08:05:53 PM »
I just saw the trailer to Love and Mercy. I can't wait to see this movie. At first I was upset that there's no Jan and Dean or Jan Berry because I know how significant Jan was to Brian and visa versa. But now I realize that this is a movie about love, tragedy, and the human spirit. It's not a competition. Brian was a brilliant writer and producer.  He's always given Jan respect and admits to learning a lot from Jan. When Brian talks about Surf City. He says Jan and I wrote Surf City. I'm going to try not to obsess so much about the lack of respect Jan gets because that comes from people who don't know better. Even though there may not be a Jan Berry character in this movie, I look forward to it. It looks like a great film about an incredible man.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Arwin
    • View Profile
    • jananddean-janberry.com
Re: Love and Mercy
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 11:59:30 PM »

The movie is about Brian's Pet Sounds and Smile era, his mental illness, the mess with Dr. Eugene Landy, and Brian's relationship with his wife Melinda. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Salzburg Surf Scene

• Warner Bros.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 06:04:33 AM »

The movie is about Brian's Pet Sounds and Smile era, his mental illness, the mess with Dr. Eugene Landy, and Brian's relationship with his wife Melinda. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Exactly - this is after the time Jan and Brian were working together. Although it would be cool if they showed Dean recording Vegatables....

It does look a very interesting movie.

jdman

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 05:29:19 AM »

Exactly - this is after the time Jan and Brian were working together. Although it would be cool if they showed Dean recording Vegatables....

It does look a very interesting movie.

I think you would've had a better shot at Dean singing on Barbara Ann.