Author Topic: What would you like to see released In the future  (Read 7201 times)

1Jay1

• Ode
    • View Profile
What would you like to see released In the future
« on: January 30, 2010, 12:03:13 PM »
So people what would you all like to see released in the future to do with jan and dean,as i d love to see a Dean torrence biography,and also a dvd with jan berry with the story of his comeback,and interviews and jan promoting second wave,more of a phase II jan berry,and last of all Ocean park angel released as a single.

owen

• Liberty
    • View Profile
Re: What would you like to see released In the future
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 07:17:36 AM »
I'd like the original version(s) of Filet of Soul. I think they would prompt a reassessment of J&D :)

scooby1970

• Doré
  • Jan & Dean Researcher & Historian
    • View Profile
    • Jan & Dean Site
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 08:09:41 AM »
I'd like to see... The 70's Masters, The 80's Masters and a collection of anything else that Jan or Dean were involved in, all in excellent sound quality.

That's one thing Jan & Dean need is the entire catalogue remastered in decent quality sound, that would make me more than happy.

:) Mark

Doc Smiley

• Doré
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 08:27:35 AM »
Jan's version  of Filet of Soul  would be great... complete Stereo version of SFARD would be great too!

1Jay1

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 11:18:47 AM »
I have a Book by ian macdonald called "Revolution in the head" and its all the beatle songs and who played what part in the recording,i e on "she said she said" There were Lennon on lead vocal guitar,hammond organ,Harrison backing vocals guitar,starr drums,No macca,

I d love to see a book of all jan and dean solo and who played what parts including Producers ect,

surferbee

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 11:52:26 AM »
Sounds like Mark's sessionography. Which I am really looking forward too plus his biography f Jan.

Record wise - those of you who have read my postings over the years will know that for a long time I have been hoping for a box set. Artists with one or two minor hits have elaborate sets. I know this is commercially driven but it would be great to have a box set. Maybe another thread could offer suggestions. I would like stereo / mono but if there are any gems such as Jan producing Dead Man's Curve (SCtDC) or working on Ride the Wild Surf with Brian (Hang 50) they would probably be the icing for us fans.

1Jay1

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 06:08:56 AM »
would this sessionography have who played what part,i e which wrecking crew was on the instrumental track,thats what i m looking for in a book,also who wrote it,produced it,

scooby1970

• Doré
    • View Profile
    • Jan & Dean Site
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 10:41:28 AM »
I have a Book by ian macdonald called "Revolution in the head"...

A must-have Bible for any Beatles fan. Both The Beach Boys and Jan & Dean need a book of this standard, it's probably one of the greatest resources ever written so will be hard to top. Just something similar would be brilliant.

kjan70

• Arwin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 05:54:19 PM »
I would love to see both original versions of Filet Of Soul and Jan and Dean Meet Batman released.
I believe a CD of their performance at the Hullabaloo Nite Club from December 1965 would make a great package as well.  It would be really cool if all of their albums starting with the Jan and Dean Sound up to One Summer Night Live were released in the Japanese mini lp cd box set format.  Containing both original mono and stereo mixes of course.

Kentucky Surfer

• Doré
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 06:02:37 PM »
I would like a complete box set of their original recordings through April 1966, including any unreleased songs or studio out takes that can be found.  The sessionography is a close second.  After that, a good compilation of material from Phase II of their career.

scooby1970

• Doré
    • View Profile
    • Jan & Dean Site
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2010, 04:06:35 AM »
"The Complete Liberty Singles Collection" is having a re-release (already) here in the UK, and will be available soon at a knock-down price (£13.99 instead of the old £21.99+). If any fan has not got this great collection yet, it is a must buy.

Ban n Bean

• Warner Bros.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 10:51:49 PM »
I'd like to see all the filmed concert footage for the Jan & Dean "On The Run" pilot.  I wonder how the audio for the concert was recorded.  Three-track maybe?