Author Topic: Liberty Re-Press  (Read 4379 times)

Mike1965

• Ode
    • View Profile
Liberty Re-Press
« on: April 23, 2015, 03:56:12 AM »
Does anyone know when the Liberty albums were re-pressed and how many were run?  I have a sealed Little Old Lady album/record that says on the back, "This album is an abridged version of an album previously released under the same title. All tunes previously released on LST-7377".  The number on the album is LN-10151.

BlackSea

• Ode
    • View Profile
Re: Liberty Re-Press
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 04:32:31 AM »
I think that ones from the eighties, possibly 82. Should have two songs missing from the original Lp. They did this a lot in the eighties, Capitol did the same with a lot with the early beach boys Lps.
Until next time

Admin

• Administrator
  • Arwin
    • View Profile
    • jananddean-janberry.com
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 06:44:19 AM »
Yeah, 1982.

jdman

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 07:40:28 AM »
I remember a good friend of mine loved my Little Old Lady(original) album. His favorite song was Summer Means Fun. So he bought that re-issue and his favorite song was not on it. lol   he was pissed

Mike1965

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 08:59:22 PM »
Thanks guys.  I am putting a sealed Jan & Dean Liberty collection together.  Still need Little Old Lady, Ride the Wild Surf, Surf City, Golden Hits 2 & 3 and Deadmans Curve.  Have three sealed original Batman.  2 are mono and the 1 stereo.  Also have 2 Filet of Soul albums. Willing to trade.

Actorman

• Doré
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 02:07:24 PM »
Yes, when Capitol-EMI re-launched the Liberty imprint in the early 80s it reissued a lot of Jan and Dean product.  The Little Old Lady from Pasadena album was the only studio album reissued in the original format, although reduced from 12 tracks to 10 as Black Sea mentioned.
"The Best of Jan & Dean" was Golden Hits (minus 2 songs) and "Deadman's Curve" was Golden Hits, Volume 2 (minus 2 songs).
The nicest one it released was an original compliation called A Surfer's Dream which included various surf-themed tracks pulled from across the entire Jan & Dean catalog.  It even had really nice liner notes with information about each song including on which album it originated.  I owned it on both vinyl and cassette.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Arwin
    • View Profile
    • jananddean-janberry.com
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 08:18:06 AM »
The companion to A Surfer's Dream was I Gotta Drive. Both featured liner notes by Jan's friend and collaborator Jim Pewter.