Author Topic: Dean's new CD.. is it still happening?  (Read 9910 times)

owen

• Liberty
    • View Profile
Re: Dean's new CD.. is it still happening?
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2013, 10:55:35 AM »
So I finally found something close that seems close to the actual facts about the Bamboo Trading Company, Dean, and the alleged new Dean album here: http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php?topic=15389.0 in a post from David Beard.

The most relevant quote from David Beard is in direct answer to a post asking  "May I ask why Dean isn't a member of this group? Wasn't this his idea for the album? Wasn't he gonna do an album of the same name? Or at least a group member?"

He says:

"Pretty simple really.  Dean had a great time in the studio recording the songs he participated on.  The article link you sent mentions two of the four recordings.  We — Gary, Dean and I — evaluated the amount of participation that was comfortable for Dean.  At the end of the day, Dean decided that he wanted to be a guest star.  Gary then suggested a self-titled album.

Dean might be doing some more recordings, but that is still up in the air. "

So now we know :)

Cheers
Owen

maryw7

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2013, 07:39:27 PM »
not quite what he was originally was advertised.. vocals on two tracks does not a new lp/cd make ...  ???

...ah!....it's FIVE songs

ALL  very, VERY great!!

maryw7

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2013, 07:40:37 PM »
Owen....also thanks for that informative info   :)

Doc Smiley

• Doré
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2013, 07:28:46 AM »
Thanks Owen!
That seems to make the most sense. So Dean doesn't have a solo record about to happen but the hype of him possibly making one got a little overboard.

Nice to see Dean enjoying himself in the studio.. who knows what the future brings. :)