Author Topic: Keith Moon reference  (Read 3290 times)

Salzburg Surf Scene

• Warner Bros.
    • View Profile
Keith Moon reference
« on: April 19, 2013, 01:37:22 PM »
A cool comment by Bruce Johnston on Keith's love for J&D (at about the 30-35 second mark)

Bruce Johnston brings Pet Sounds to Lennon & McCartney in London

Once again Bruce showing that he is the most genuine and likeable of the whole Beach Boy entourage, admitting that Keith preferred J&D to the BBs! (Actually the whole interview is typical Bruce, downplaying his own contribution to Pet Sounds, which was not inconsiderable).

Its a passing comment, but the fact he makes it shows he appreciates both J&D and that he actually knew Keith properly.

jdman

• Ode
    • View Profile
Re: Keith Moon reference
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 09:14:49 PM »
Great interview! I find that Bruce and Al Jardine always have nice things to say about Jan & Dean. Actually, so does Mike and Brian. The people that down play Jan & Dean to most are the Beach Boy historians and fans who try to discredit Jan & Dean, like that affects the BB's. The Beach Boys themselves have more often than not given Jan & Dean the utmost respect and credit.

jdman

• Ode
    • View Profile
Re: Keith Moon reference
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 08:29:19 AM »
I wanted to share what I consider to be one of the best short descriptions of Jan & Dean's accomplishments I've read. This guy, Fontenot, really does a good job of bullet pointing to Jan Berry's and Jan & Dean's contribution to rock and roll. Outside of Mark's work, this is the best brief article I've read.

http://oldies.about.com/od/60srockers/p/jananddean.htm