Author Topic: Sweet Vinyl -- takes me down Memory Lane  (Read 1986 times)

maryw7

• Ode
    • View Profile
Sweet Vinyl -- takes me down Memory Lane
« on: June 21, 2012, 09:58:16 PM »
....from that last post i made about that fun thing of finding you could purchase original vinyl albums from stores through the mail....

and my first one of "Folk 'n Roll" & the excitement of it's arrival...

to one of the NEXT learned happenings:

learning from the first concert i attended (January of 1995) that Jan would actually take TONS of time after concerts to sit at a table, selling a whole array of COOL items, visit and sign autographs!! 

'n "Folk 'n Roll" was my first album I presented him with request for autographing....and his enthusiasm to TALK about it and his thoughts of it. 

maryw7

• Ode
    • View Profile
Re: Sweet Vinyl -- takes me down Memory Lane
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 08:28:08 PM »
Mary, that is a great video of you and your daughter dancing with Jan! That must've been great. I'm guessing mid to late 90's?
...just grabbed JDman's words from the other thread because what my reply is...fits more in this  -memory lane- subject heading. 

However, even before writing that....i want to say i also feel pretty sad regarding Don Grady's passing.  His vocals from that Youtube do sound sooo good.  I loved him on "My Three Sons" always.  He was very nice to fans on Facebook.  It only reminds me of how we feel the loss of people when they pass and at the end of their presence here....it sure stings.  :'(

...thanks for the kind words, JDman.  The piece of video with Jamie and i provides a way back in time to relive those special moments.  It did feel just great to have the dance with Jan.  And that was the last time I recall he came off the stage to do that.  It was 1995....the last days of June...just like now...so exactly 17 years ago. 

It was concert # 1 of the three in a row that Jamie, I and friend, Shawn Crossen, traveled to from our city in central Wisconsin.  This concert was in Wheeling, Illinois. 

You see, Shawn and I had purchased a number of the cd's that a company in Europe had published that were cd versions of Jan & Dean's original LP's....we wanted to present them to Jan as a gift so he could sell them at the autograph table...and he was THRILLED.  He gifted us back!!  He had Jamie, Shawn and I join him backstage (it was outdoors so it was in the open in the back area) during the whole afternoon before the concert. 

Jan also had us fitted with the wristbands so that we could sit in the special section near the stage.  This enabled Shawn to set up the video camera he had rented for this three day excursion. 
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 08:41:53 PM by maryw7 »