Author Topic: Radio Bop  (Read 6534 times)

jdman

• Ode
    • View Profile
Radio Bop
« on: August 05, 2011, 07:21:42 AM »
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know about an internet radio station called Radio Bop. It plays the hits from 1955-1965, the first 10 years. Of course, Jan & Dean are important here. I'm pretty sure J&D are in the top 30 artists of the first 10 years. Anyway, I just turned it on and The New Girl in School played. That's one of their least top 40 hits, so I assume this station plays a lot of Jan & Dean. Check it out.

jdman

• Ode
    • View Profile
Re: Radio Bop
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 07:45:38 AM »
I decided to check out Radio Bop again today( I can't listen everyday b/c I'm not always in the office), but they played Jan & Dean's Heart and Soul. So far I've listened twice and heard New Girl in School and Heart and Soul. Neither one of these songs would be considered to be in Jan & Dean's 10 biggest records. The reason I mention this is because we've had recent threads about how no one is playing Jan & Dean anymore. Well, it's not true. We just have to search for some good internet or satellite stations.
Mark, I'm glad you are back at work on the sessionography. Sounds like it will be interesting.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Arwin
    • View Profile
    • jananddean-janberry.com
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 07:10:09 PM »

It's shaping up nicely.

2dean2

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 08:14:14 PM »
JDMAN That maybe true but you can find a lot of musical content on those places . By a lot of people that hardly anyone has ever heard of . You could prob even start your own 24 hr Jan & Dean or CA sound "channel" . But at the same time you could start a High School Marching Band Channel too. But unless your looking for it You'll never find it . The Net or Sat is much more specific to your taste. Radio however is  pretty much new or old and what type of music . Then your at their mercy. What some suit or account thinks will make more money or get their agenda across. But remember what they tell you over and over again . " We play what you want us to play" The same songs over and over by the same artist again and again . Hers an idea we have as you know FAB FOUR AT FOUR  so  I know you want The Fifth Beatle  at 5 ! We'll start Mon 4 songs at 4 , 5 songs at 5. Oh and be sure to tune for  a British Invasion Weekend at least 1 wkend a month All Beatles Stones and The Who all weekend . IT'S WHAT YOU ALL WANT !!  ::)

jdman

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 04:40:53 AM »
Yeah, I know that's what's up with radio today. Surf music is not huge right now. Although, it did make a comeback in the 90's. The Radio Bop station plays top 40 hits from 55-65. It's not some weird concept that some idiot came up with. It's like an oldies station we had back in the 80's and early 90's.

Anyway, I just wanted ya'll to know about it.

2dean2

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 07:37:04 AM »
Yeah I know . I just wish it was avail on my radio as I go down the road in my Semi.

maryw7

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 02:57:44 PM »
Anyway, I just wanted ya'll to know about it.
Yeah I know . I just wish it was avail on my radio as I go down the road in my Semi.
Well, I do want to know about it... and I totally understand 2Dean's sentiment as well.

There aren't any radio stations in my area that i can get on regular radio that play Jan & Dean right now...and hearing them in a store is about all I do get nowa days without spinning it myself.  However, maybe a genious will come up with a niffty station.  So, JDman?, what is the link for this net place?  When checking...i see more than one possibility. 

jdman

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 05:14:40 AM »
2Dean- I understand. I'd love for that station to be on my car radio as well.

Mary, just Google Radio Bop or go to Radiobop.com
It's the one that plays 1955-65.
I think they do offer other stations on the site.

maryw7

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 03:48:55 PM »
JD?  It is confusing...when i go there...it looks like you have to do something else...and not just a direct link to a station.  There isn't a  1955-65 to click.  Any further tips?  Thank you!   ???

over50who

• Arwin
  • Living on a beach, collecting the music.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2011, 04:33:21 AM »
So much better than trying to do a mix yourself.  I get tired of hearing the music in the same order all the time from my own system.

surferbee

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2011, 07:46:49 AM »
Mary - don't know if you have ITunes but Radio Bop is in their Golden Oldies radio station list. I have found that the easiest way to access it.

maryw7

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2011, 11:20:11 PM »
So much better than trying to do a mix yourself.  I get tired of hearing the music in the same order all the time from my own system.
Mary - don't know if you have ITunes but Radio Bop is in their Golden Oldies radio station list. I have found that the easiest way to access it.
  Thank you, Surferbee....  And I understand what you're conveying, 50!  (Nice to hear from you guys!)  In my little hometown of Antigo, Wisconsin...their little radio station WATK 900 am  has a very cool system.  It plays the BEST music of America....and it is a GREAT mix of songs from EVERY era!...all pop music sounding....i am sure Jan & Dean are a part of that.  It's not called oldies or anything!  Just GREAT AMERICAN  MUSIC!!  it is beautiful!!    And it reminds me of what i've quoted many a time...what was said back in 2004 when Jan passed.....
Jan & Dean... an American treasure