Author Topic: British Pressing of Filet of Soul?  (Read 4004 times)

Salzburg Surf Scene

• Warner Bros.
    • View Profile
British Pressing of Filet of Soul?
« on: June 25, 2011, 12:42:19 PM »
Just picked up a rather interesting item at a record fair today: a British pressing of Filet of Soul, with a completely different track listing from the US version. I haven't had the chance to listen to it yet (no turntable anymore...) but I'm guessing that the tracks are not live, but culled from earlier LPs.

Tracklisting: 1:Little Deuce C, Memphis, 1-Piece Topless, School Day, 3 Window Coupe, Tennessee.
2: Popsicle, Surf R 101, Summer Means Fun, I Gotta Drive, Schl Rd (pt 2), Horace...

Anyone know anyting about this?

surferbee

• Ode
    • View Profile
Re: British Pressing of Filet of Soul?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 01:52:11 PM »
Yes I have this album. It was a selection of album tracks and some good stuff too. One of only six regular Jan and Dean albums released initially in the UK. We had two EP releases as well.

Salzburg Surf Scene

• Warner Bros.
    • View Profile
Re: British Pressing of Filet of Soul?
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 04:54:58 AM »
Yeah, it seems pretty much a compilation album - but concentrating on lesser known tracks rather than hits.

I forgot to add that the cover is as the US pressing, except that the line "A Live One" under J&Ds name is blanked out (although the poem on the back still mentions "A real live show"). I think its inetresting that they decided to use the US desgn for Filet for what is a quite different album.