Author Topic: New Image Banners  (Read 6007 times)

Mark A. Moore

New Image Banners
« on: April 07, 2010, 05:04:49 PM »
David Beard created the new banners in the header and footer sections of the board.

Good job, Dave.

Surfin Again

• Liberty
    • View Profile
Re: New Image Banners
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 08:56:43 PM »
Nice work !

Can we have this one a big bigger please. I've never seen other shots from the wax museum so far

ripplewine

• Warner Bros.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 10:01:15 AM »
Kudos on the new banners, David--they're great!

I'd like to see a blow-up of that wax museum pic too--how many pictures did they take there?

David Beard

• Warner Bros.
  • www.ESQuarterly.com
    • View Profile
    • Endless Summer Quarterly
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 12:56:20 PM »
Thanks for the nice comments. My #1 goal was to show J&D as they were best remembered. I also wanted the 1958 and 1981 pictures to be about the same size because they are the first and last pictures of the duo on the two banners.

I can increase the size of one image, but I'd probably want to drop an image then. I have several outtakes from the "You Really Know How To Hurt A Guy" wax museum photo shoot. They are Dean's property. For lack of better definition, I am in some sense a curator for a lot of his pictures. I felt it was okay to use it in this context. I don't know how many were taken, and I'm sure Dean has no idea… Other than he might say, "A lot." It is a fun picture. Where else can you get an image of J&D between Hitler and Mussolini?

Surfin Again

• Liberty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 08:21:08 AM »
I can increase the size of one image, but I'd probably want to drop an image then
We would be happy if you'd just post a bigger size pic of the wax museum photo in a post here

ripplewine

• Warner Bros.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 10:41:54 PM »
That would be cool if you could increase the size of that one wax museum pic.  Hey, that IS Hitler & Mussolini standing with Jan & Dean!  I can understand them not wanting to use that one for the single sleeve LOL!

surferbee

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 01:20:09 AM »
Is Dean saving these pictures up for a project of his own? It seems a missed opportunity not to allow the fans to have access to them. Perhaps he could consider releasing them with a watermark to maintain ownership.

There are relatively few pictures of Jan and Dean - the familiar publicity shots - very few in the studio or informal. I wonder if David or Mark have a view. Was it the studios that prevented photos of Jan and Brian working together or was it more that at that time nobody really thought about it. There seems to be quite a number of photos of Phil Spector at work in the studio at more or les rthe same time!

Ban n Bean

• Warner Bros.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 01:26:32 AM »
Maybe there some album shoot outtakes.  A few of those have appeared.  Was Dean in the studio at all during the "Pop Symphony..." sessions?  I would think that album would have produced some "session photos". 

maryw7

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 11:54:53 AM »
Hi people....thanks for asking about me before....nice to be among the fans again,etc. 

I LOVE the pictures David has chosen to put...most of them are some of my absolute favorites. 

Commenting on some:  #1.  The one close to the left on bottom -2nd picture-Jan and Dean at that park MacArthur Park?  ...so cute...and every photo of that day (we've seen several, right?) are SPECIAL to the max.  Remember in ESQ Summer 2004...pages 30 - 35....there are several great shots of that day.  "Save For a Rainy Day" had some of them too, I think.  *love em*

2.  right next to it....Watts Tower day photos....also love 'em! (the picture i chose to put by my name here is from that day or days, I believe)

3.  next one....Jan and Dean playing chess...around 1967 or so....because such a shot is so rare....and it's just big time cute

4.  ALWAYS loved the next two.... the one of them by the car in the mid 70's...so handsome and then that next one on their big tour with Beach Boys by the plane....one of my very favorite shots came from that batch of photos....same moments of picture snapping....when Dean messes with Jan's hair...i use it for my profile pic on MySpace....can't be beat....way too cute.

5.  Last two on bottom.....plain HANDSOME

LOVE all on the top....Would have been neat if Dean could have used that cleft picture on the new CD / album....Carnival of Sound (which i just ordered and can hardly wait to get!) as you say he first wanted to.  Just such a terrific shot of them.  Last one of them on the top...by piano and on guitar....must have been taken 1965....think Jan's got the cast on

LOVE 'EM
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 11:56:54 AM by maryw7 »