Author Topic: RRHOF  (Read 15085 times)

owen

• Liberty
    • View Profile
Re: RRHOF
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2010, 05:50:52 AM »
I honestly don't know what the fuss is about. The Hall of Fame is not impartial, its a marketing exercise set up for about the same reason as that street in Hollywood where they have the hand-prints. In Europe few have even heard of it, so what's the deal.

People in this thread are alternating between saying its an industry scam and its an outrage they haven't inducted J&D. These points cancel each other out.

The RRHOF is not "official". Its just one of many self-publicising awards, with opportunities for sponsorship, free parties, and marketing boosts: Q Magazine has one, for example, complete with an annual ceremony with half an issue of the magazine devoted to it.

Kerrang, I believe, has a Heavy Metal Hall of Fame, or something very similar.

We don't have to lobby anyone. We can set up the Surf Music Hall of Fame ourselves, if we want to.

If we did that then we could induct the late great Dick Dale, who has not I notice been inducted into the RRHOF either.

;)
Owem

Ban n Bean

• Warner Bros.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2010, 08:30:05 AM »
Late, great?  (kidding, yes?) Mr. Dale is still alive and touring!

2dean2

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2010, 01:14:17 PM »
Owen it's the PRINCIPAL of the thing . It may be self serving to whatever the hall is about .
IE: NFL MLB NBA NHL NASCAR..... But in those hall 's they go by stats and performance. Not some political or potential future sales.  And they follow certain guidelines even when unpopular [Pete Rose will never get in at least as long as he is alive.]  Surf music hall neat idea but soon you'll put in every surf band real or fake. I heard a few of those "BANDS" were just studio players with some good looking guys on the cover . Tommy Tedesco was a fat Italian . Carol K was a girl...... I could be misinformed by the way. I would suggest 1 act a year.