Author Topic: I tunes  (Read 5703 times)

jdman

• Ode
    • View Profile
I tunes
« on: October 04, 2010, 09:32:07 AM »
What's going on with I-Tunes? Now, the only Jan & Dean available are the BS Dean versions. The original versions have been taken off!!! What happened?

Mark A. Moore

Re: I tunes
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 10:55:15 AM »
Jdman,

Not to worry . . .

Capitol is working to rectify the situation, with regard to digital versions of the original Liberty recordings.

M.

Mark A. Moore

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 10:28:40 PM »
Also . . . I'm writing detailed liner notes for each of these new digital releases from Capitol.

Stay tuned . . .

M.

jdman

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 05:43:17 AM »
Thank You Mark!!!!! Can't wait!

Doc Smiley

• Doré
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 06:27:49 PM »
hopefully the effort being put into the digital releases, means a new CD series in the future (fingers crossed)

Actorman

• Doré
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 07:45:11 AM »
hopefully the effort being put into the digital releases, means a new CD series in the future (fingers crossed)

I second that!!  Generally, you can't get the "digital booklet" with the liner notes unless you purchase the entire album on iTunes.  I would definitely re-buy all the albums on CD just to get the new liner notes, but have no interest in the downloads.

However, I will say that I am really excited that Capitol has decided to release the original albums even if only as downloads.  It will be awesome to have the entire catalog back "in print" (for lack of a better term).  Jan and Dean were popular enough artists that there is no reason that all of their stuff shouldn't be available in that format.

Mark - Is there any other info you can you share at this time?  For example, will there be any bonus tracks or unreleased stuff made available?  Will the releases be individual "albums"  or in a two-or-three-fer kind of deal?  Will we see the restored, original version of "Filet of Soul?"  It would be really cool to have the single mixes added on to the respective albums.  I'm really glad they are consulting with you on this, Mark.  I know with your expertise, these will be done as perfect as Capitol will allow.

surferbee

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 09:47:52 AM »
I know you might not be able to tell us - but will these be released as single albums ? twofers or part of a box set?

Ban n Bean

• Warner Bros.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 11:04:55 AM »
If they're on iTunes or made available for download otherwise, I hope that the downloads are available in a lossless format: AIFF, Apple Lossless.  Other sites: FLAC, WAV.  The digital distribution model should make it much easier for companies to offer unreleased tracks, alternate takes and mixes and whatever else might be in the vaults.

surferbee

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 08:43:48 AM »
Are you allowed or willing to indicate an approximate release date?

Mark A. Moore

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 10:07:58 PM »

Mark - Is there any other info you can you share at this time?  For example, will there be any bonus tracks or unreleased stuff made available?  Will the releases be individual "albums"  or in a two-or-three-fer kind of deal? 

I'll post more information as it becomes available.