Author Topic: Richard Hatch talks Deadmans Curve the movie working with J&D and the R&R HOF  (Read 6856 times)

Retroradiolive

• Arwin
    • View Profile
http://LiveRetroRadio.podOmatic.com/entry/2010-06-29T07_23_57-07_00
www.RETRORADIOLIVE.com

This is a free link to our website. Not spam and 100% Virus free, and very FAN FRIENDLY. Please enjoy some of the stories about Jan and him playing Jan Berry in the classic film.
<p>[

Mark A. Moore

Great stuff . . . I really enjoyed it.

Gotta love the "Baby Talk" segment  . . . :)

I've interviewed Richard Hatch about Jan Berry . . . and he remembers the role vividly.

Richard's post-accident portrayal of Jan is powerful. He nailed Jan's physical movements and speech patterns. If you watch Jan in interviews from the late '70s (when the movie was made), you can really see it.

Jan was around a lot on the set during filming, and Richard just soaked it all in. Richard took that real-time interaction and really sold it on-screen.

It's the most accurate aspect of the film.

Very talented actor . . . and still an advocate for Jan & Dean.

M.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 11:55:33 PM by Mark A. Moore »

Retroradiolive

• Arwin
    • View Profile
Hearing Richard sing J&D songs in front of the team was one of those once in a lifetime things.

1Jay1

• Ode
    • View Profile
He played the part very well and a great actor,

Well done richard

2dean2

• Ode
    • View Profile
Too Bad that the name Richard Hatch will most likely be remembered for that Ass that won the first
Survivor show . I wish he would do more stuff.

Retroradiolive

• Arwin
    • View Profile
If you listen to the interview he does a lot more stuff.  We are trying to secure Bruce Davison for an upcoming episode, and maybe even Dean O Torrence

1Jay1

• Ode
    • View Profile
i thought he d be more know for the science fiction show,i can t remember the name but was huge in the uk,as i remeber watching while i was younger,and remember him when i frst saw the deadmans curve film,

damdamdam

• Arwin
    • View Profile
The link doesn't work anymore, and I can't find the podcast when I search the RR site. Is it still possible to hear the interview? Thanks in advance...