Author Topic: Mysterious Financier: Dean Torrence and the kidnapping of Frank Sinatra Jr.  (Read 7705 times)

Mark A. Moore

Ever wonder about the details of Dean Torrence's involvement in the Frank Sinatra Jr. kidnapping? . . . Get the inside story in my new article, posted on the official Jan Berry Website:

http://www.jananddean-janberry.com/sinatra/sinatra-kidnapping.html

M.

Ban n Bean

• Warner Bros.
    • View Profile
Wow!  Now that's a story - worthy of a movie I would think.  Has Dean said anything more about the trial in recent years/recently,  or has it stayed firmly in the past?

Mark A. Moore

Showtime did a movie about the kidnapping case, and Dean was portrayed in it (although somewhat inaccurately).
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 02:40:14 PM by Mark A. Moore »

Mark A. Moore

Dean spoke to writer Peter Gilstrap about the case, for Peter's 1998 article called "Snatching Sinatra" -- and Dean is quoted in Peter's article.

Mike

• Liberty
    • View Profile
 Interesting, very interesting.

burton

• Doré
    • View Profile
was the name of the movie called "Stealing Sinatra"?? I watched this movie a few years ago. It was ok, they had both Jan & Dean Portrayed in the movie. The actors were weak. But it did cover the whole angle of the kidnapping and how dean thought it was a big joke.
i heard several years ago about the sinatra revenge theory. I guess you can't doubt it. No wonder jan's dad couldnt stand Dean. I also heard that bigtime hollywood executive's would say "its a shame what happened to jan when it was meant for Dean". WOW good stuff Mark

1Jay1

• Ode
    • View Profile
I don t buy the story of frank having anything to do with jans accident,

Lets not forget if he wanted to hurt anyone why didn t he hurt the guys who did the kidnapping,now that would make sence,lets not forget dean was aquited and not charged,

Burton Plz tell us where you got the info from on the comments of what happened to jan should have happened to dean,maybe frank wouldn t have lost any sleep had dean had an accident,but to put a price on deans head,soz don t buy it at all,

Lots of people know that jan was a fast driver,jill gibson even said this on Biography.or the behind the music,and i m sure Dr don said this as well,he said jan had nine lives and one day they ran out,

Mark A. Moore

Jay,

You can't take it as fact . . . it's not written that way.

Mostly just speculative fun for conspiracy theorists.

M.

1Jay1

• Ode
    • View Profile
Explain then mark

burton

• Doré
    • View Profile
hey jay1,

Why would i be scared of sinatra??? or any of us, relax buddy. They made a movie about it.
Perhaps frank sr. figured it all wouldve never happened had dean not lent the money to set up the kidnapping. Then dean acts like its kinda funny and never actually takes it seriously. Were talking about someone's family. We all know frank had connections on all sides political and underground. KEEP this in mind, "were just sayin" like talking out loud man. I dont think anyone has any secret tapes or anything like that. I've talked to some hardcore J&D fans over the years and this subject comes up now and again. Some people say our current president wasnt even born in the USA. Doesnt mean its false or true, but "sometimes you gotta wonder".  Good title for a song,  :)  burton
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 06:34:55 AM by burton »

1Jay1

• Ode
    • View Profile
Hi burton

I m relaxed,just would like to put all rumours to rest,maybe mark could give us all a little Info or say how true the posts are on here,if he's saving the answer for his book,

wintersdawn

• Liberty
    • View Profile
Re: Mysterious Financier: Dean Torrence and the kidnapping of Frank Sinatra Jr.
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2010, 04:06:52 AM »
Wow, that was an amazing story to read!  I didn't know about it before.  I also didn't realise that Frank Sinatra was so powerful back in the day.

I imagine that Jan maybe wasn't too happy with Dean the way that Jan & Dean's prospects were reduced by the situation (at least film-wise), although saying that Jan may have supported Dean if Dean didn't know it was a serious kidnapping.  I also wonder if there were any music related actions taken by the powers that be that effected their music careers?

The ending about Jan's car possibly being sabotaged in order to create an accident is the most chilling of all and wonder if Jan ever suspected any foul play?