Author Topic: Post Your Music Here  (Read 6309 times)

Mark A. Moore

Post Your Music Here
« on: July 13, 2010, 06:22:59 PM »
Here's my just-for-fun contribution . . .

Gonna Hustle You
(Jan Berry - Brian Wilson)

Me singing to the original instrumental backing track from 1963. I did this while we were recording the Jan Berry tribute, but it was never intended for the album.

http://www.jananddean-janberry.com/Gonna-Hustle-You_Moore_2-16-08.mp3

woodshedstudio

• Arwin
    • View Profile
Re: Post Your Music Here
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 09:29:57 AM »
These are two originals - but written and recorded in attempt to sound like old J&D songs. "New Girl In The Neighborhood" and "The Big Kahuna". They should be the first two songs on the page.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=1002718

Nice version of "Gonna Hustle You" BTW!

matt tyson

1Jay1

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 03:48:40 PM »

my jan berry tribute song
Jan & Dean / Song by Jason Seymour
My 2nd jan berry tribute song(A biography in song)
Jan & Dean - Jason Seymour

All theses are rough demos
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 06:54:09 AM by 1jay1 »

damdamdam

• Arwin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 04:17:46 PM »
These are two originals - but written and recorded in attempt to sound like old J&D songs. "New Girl In The Neighborhood" and "The Big Kahuna". They should be the first two songs on the page.

Hey, I like these. Do you ever release this stuff? Hey, Fountains of Wayne do it!

woodshedstudio

• Arwin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 07:30:44 PM »
Hey DDD, glad you liked them. They are both on CDs that I have released. "New Girl..." is from "Now!"(2008) and ""BK" is from "California Myth"(2009). Many sound samples at CDBaby under Matt Tyson for these two CDs and also my first one from 2007. Lotsa J&D/BB/BW inspired songs (not just surf & Hotrod).

thanks for asking!

mt

1Jay1

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 02:12:46 PM »
Lets not forget Laurie biagini cd,which is avalble to buy on cd baby,as i have 2 copies,one at my parents and one in my own place,shes done really well for herself,

Well done laurie,she can also be heard on the jan berry tribute cd produced by mark

jdman

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 06:18:16 PM »
http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=music.artistalbums&artistid=10088448&ap=1&albumid=6671949&songid=23900730&sms_ss=email

Pick the song "Catahoula"   I'm sure you'll recognize it. lol   It's the best I could do.

jdman

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 06:55:22 PM »
OK one more. This is a video of me lip syncing to my own record. I wrote this song after I saw the movie Dead Man's Curve. The bomps are from Jennie Lee. I changed them a little. I wanted to be the next Jan Berry. It didn't work out.lol  This is from 1982.

You Gotta Be Tall to Play Basketball

1Jay1

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 06:43:10 AM »
Hi Jdman

Its a very catchy little song,and fits in with the surf style music,

well done

jdman

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2010, 08:56:56 AM »
Thanks a lot 1jay1. That's nice of you to say. It was fun. That was 28 years ago.wow  Time flies

1Jay1

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2010, 02:40:49 PM »
i love jan and dean and the surf music ,plus love unsigned bands as theres some real great songs out there,i find the best bands play the local pub and clubs,nowadays i feel some bands have maybe 2 albms of good material then,then its all about filling there contract,with 2nd rate material,not everyone has talent like the beatles, beachboys, rolling stones, and jan and dean, bob dylan,

It just goes on how much quality all these artist gave for there music to be as strng today then it was when released
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 02:45:09 PM by 1jay1 »

jdman

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 03:00:16 PM »
This is an old topic but it's the only right place to put this. I released several songs on iTunes, Amazon, CDbaby, etc. It's very exciting to have stuff I did on those sites. Anyway, You may like some of it because the songs are Jan & Dean related, especially Little Old Lady from Catahoula and You Gotta Be Tall to Play Basketball. Just search:
Phil Streva

Thanks
Phil

maryw7

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2011, 03:58:42 PM »
This is a very fun thread to see.  If there was a smiley that applauded on here...i'd use that....the guy on the 60's site...which has a Jan & Dean spotlight once:  http://www.the60sofficialsite.com/Jan_and_Dean.html

has clapping on his guestbook.

Anyway..... :D  excellent job, men!!