Author Topic: Sold Out?  (Read 25880 times)

Mark A. Moore

Sold Out?
« on: April 13, 2010, 07:14:48 PM »
I don't have any official numbers, but a poster on another board noted that Carnival of Sound has been sold out since at least early April. Apparently tried to order, and was notified it was sold out.

I imagine he was talking about the limited Deluxe edition (Vinyl + CD) . . . (though the Rhino Website currently says its still available).

The stand-alone CD version should still be in stock.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 06:29:05 PM by Mark A. Moore »

ripplewine

• Warner Bros.
    • View Profile
Re: Sold Out
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 07:24:49 PM »
Hmm...I ordered my Deluxe LP/CD on April 6 and had it overnighted to me--it arrived on the morning of the 8th, just 5 days ago.  If it is sold out, it must have happened since then.  Maybe I snagged one of the last ones!  It is good to hear that the album's popular--maybe Rhino will press another run of the Deluxe set...

surferbee

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 05:35:50 AM »
Perhaps that explains why Rhino Uk still have it at 1000!
Amazon UK are still advertising it as a pre-order!

Will they repres?

Salzburg Surf Scene

• Warner Bros.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 07:05:45 AM »
It is good to hear that the album's popular--maybe Rhino will press another run of the Deluxe set...

If it really has sold out, they'd be crazy not to - clearly v.popular. But a tragedy for those of us in Europe who haven't even been able to see a copy.

How many were pressed of the deluxe set?

Surfin Again

• Liberty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 08:05:57 AM »
How many were pressed of the deluxe set?
1'500 as fas as I know

Ban n Bean

• Warner Bros.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 09:28:42 PM »
Can still be ordered in the USA and placed in a shopping cart:  http://www.rhino.com/shop/product/jan-dean-carnival-of-sound?format=enhcd 

I don't know what's going on.

ripplewine

• Warner Bros.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 05:53:56 PM »
Hmmmm.  Could be just an erroneous claim, or maybe even some kind of website glitch that wouldn't let him place an order.  That's strange.

Mark A. Moore

Re: Sold Out ?
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 06:28:45 PM »
It's not sold out . . . and Andrew Sandoval confirmed last night that the CD is selling more than the LP -- which is not surprising.

The Deluxe LP (the only version that's limited) is more for serious collectors and vinyl enthusiasts. Most everyone else will opt for the CD.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 06:41:17 PM by admin »

cupboy

• Arwin
    • View Profile
Re: Sold Out?
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 08:10:57 PM »
Now that I have the CD I want the vinyl. Not to play, but because of that big booklet. Should have bought that in the first place and held off on the Chicago Quad DVD purchase for a month. I'll have to wait awhile. Hope it doesn't sell out in meantime.

surferbee

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 08:46:42 AM »
Those of us from the UK can now order the CD and album versions at a reasonable price. After all these weeks they have finally taken down the 1000 price tag for both. I've just ordered the album version - I ordered the CD from Rhino.com.

Ban n Bean

• Warner Bros.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 07:14:12 PM »
I wonder if the UK had it available all the time and were stumped why it wasn't selling?  Then someone at Rhino UK looked at the website...    :o

Salzburg Surf Scene

• Warner Bros.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2010, 12:12:36 PM »
Those of us from the UK can now order the CD and album versions at a reasonable price. After all these weeks they have finally taken down the 1000 price tag for both. I've just ordered the album version - I ordered the CD from Rhino.com.

Ordered it 2 months ago from Rhino UK - and they say still awaiting stock. Anyone managed to get a copy from them?

surferbee

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2010, 09:45:09 AM »
Me too. I emailed customer services and they didn't have a clue.

surferbee

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010, 08:11:53 AM »
Amazon UK are posting that they don't know 'when or if' the album version will be available. Rhino UK customer services don't seem to have a clue. )You would hope that they would have some information.) This could mean that Rhino UK have advertised a product that was never going to be available. I'm not very happy.

Salzburg Surf Scene

• Warner Bros.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2010, 04:28:06 AM »
Rhino UK customer services told me this:

"Due to high demand we are currently still awaiting a new delivery of your chosen item.

Please accept our sincere apologies for this delay, and we assure you we will dispatch your order as soon as possible upon receipt of the delivery.

We thank you for your patience.

Thank you for contacting the Rhino Customer Services Team"

So it seems to be selling well. But will they get more copies? Not that I'm panicking or anything...