Author Topic: Track 29  (Read 9714 times)

jdman

• Ode
    • View Profile
Track 29
« on: March 26, 2010, 06:20:20 AM »
Carnival of Sound has been blasting out of my car for 2 weeks now. I love this album. Out of all the great songs and productions, my favorite is Track 29. It's just a background track, but if you jam it up and really listen, Jan's genious really comes through. I can't see how anyone can hear tracks like that and not consider Jan one of the best producers to come out of the 60's.

burton

• Doré
    • View Profile
Re: Track 29
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 02:31:34 PM »
I too have been listening to the COS in my car.
Can't agree with you more jdman. I've been blasting it too. Just a great track. you can hear the double drums so clear.WOW. I gotta say that i really like the stereo tracks the most. you can hear so much more of jan singing along. I must admit MARK track 16 is a great take of the song, But Jan tinkered too much with the overdubs in my opinion. Wish he finished the song before the accident. Imagine if things worked out between jan and dean and dean sung lead on "blowin my mind". HE too may have done well with it.
One other thing. Wish we could've had a track only of CARNIVAL of Sound Backing track. I rate that right up there with STACK O TRACKS "sloop John B" by brian wilson. Love that tune with or without the vocals. I now have a greater appreciation for " I know my mind" And "Laurel & Hardy". I hated those songs when i was a kid. my two cents. b

1Jay1

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 04:59:49 AM »
I m looking to buy both the Lp and cd,if anyone knows where in the uk i an buy a copy plz reply,as i don t wanna ge it posted incase it breaks

Cheers

jason

surferbee

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 09:45:56 AM »
I ordered from Rhino in the States and, although the postage rates are high, packaging was very, very secure. Fast delivery too.

ripplewine

• Warner Bros.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 01:52:03 PM »
Yep, they did a good job packaging mine, too--it came in an air filled plastic package inside a 6" cube cardboard box.  Postage between the US and UK is pricey!