Author Topic: Jan and Arnie - online?  (Read 161 times)

jdman

• Ode
    • View Profile
Jan and Arnie - online?
« on: May 05, 2020, 02:41:42 PM »
Something weird is going on. On Spotify only gas money is listed under Jan and Arnie. If you want to hear Jennie Lee, thatís under Jan and Dean. No other Jan and Arnie songs are available. On Amazon music, there is no Jan and Arnie. Is this on purpose?

surferbee

• Ode
    • View Profile
Re: Jan and Arnie - online?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 01:29:38 AM »
Apple Music still has Jan and Arnie.

My longer term worry is that digital downloads tend to be selective and some of the rarer stuff (including "unofficial" releases shall we say) are not out there.

The Dean re-recordings keep coming up too. Sometimes acknowledged as re-recordings but often put into compilation albums with no explanation. You could understand a casual listener not being inspired to explore the real thing.

One complaint I have about Apple Music is that you don't get the liner notes. I have all the albums and CDs and now downloads but wish I had all of Mark's notes.

jdman

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 01:49:14 AM »
Good find Surferbee. Apple Music does have Jan and Arnie! Thank you

I think there needs to be a massive release of Jan and Arnie and early Jan and Dean. The re releases are still out there but at least the original albums are now available. These streaming services are where the music business is now.

surferbee

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 05:35:10 AM »
I agree.
At the risk of sounding old fashioned - I do miss sleeve and liner notes.