Author Topic: Put a Dodge in your garage, Honey  (Read 5926 times)

Surfermike

• Liberty
    • View Profile
Put a Dodge in your garage, Honey
« on: September 23, 2018, 12:31:11 PM »
While re-reading Mark's great book recently, I came across the subject with Kathryn Minner, the little old lady who was on a local Dodge dealer's ad. Her tag line was "put a Dodge in your garage, honey!" Something clicked in me that I heard or saw that phrase somewhere else. With nothing much to do one day(it was probably raining), I did a little detective work and got out my trusty magnifying glass. For those of you with good eyesight, check out the back cover of the Ride The Wild Surf LP. See the Little Old Lady From Pasadena album(among others)? Look very closely at that album cover where the titles of the songs are and you'll see the words "Put a Dodge in your garage, Honey." How did that song title get there? Was that an art department goof? Was Jan working on a song with that title? And lastly, does SurferMike have that much free time to be looking at J&D back covers with a magnifying glass like Sherlock Holmes? Forget that last question. Someone else spotted that before I did but I can't remember. Maybe Mike Kelly in his Sunshine Music fanzine. Dave, can you help us out (that is is those of us who are wondering)?Anybody else have an answer?