Author Topic: Command Performance  (Read 3553 times)

Surfermike

• Liberty
    • View Profile
Command Performance
« on: September 19, 2017, 10:47:59 AM »
To this day, I'm not sure if I know whose voice it is during the spoken part in Dead Man's Curve. "Well doc..." part sounds like Dean talking to Jan, with Jan saying "yeah". But then it sounds like Jan saying "I know I'll never forget that tough looking chick".  "no wonder you crashed" sounds like Jan again. And who said " I guess I should've told mommy I was taking the car" ? Can anyone help with who said what? Their voices really do sound alike.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Arwin
    • View Profile
    • jananddean-janberry.com
Re: Command Performance
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 04:00:34 PM »
Here you go . . .

JAN: Well, Doc . . .

DEAN: Yeah?

JAN: The last thing I remember, if I remember correctly . . .  I started to swerve.

DEAN: Yeah?

JAN: And then I saw the . . .

DEAN: And then what happened? [laughs]

JAN: Then I saw the Volkswagen slide into the curve.

JAN: I know I’ll never forget that . . . tough-lookin’ chick.

DEAN: No wonder you crashed!

JAN: I guess I found out for myself that I shoulda told mommy I was takin’ the car out . . .

Surfermike

• Liberty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 09:31:34 AM »
Thanks for your input Admin, but I still think the rolls J & D had in Dead Man's Curve were reversed. I think that's Dean voice saying " the last thing I remember, if I remember correctly..." and Jan saying "yeah?" Dean says "and then I saw the...' and gives his famous laugh that we all know. I think Dean said "well doc" knowing Jan was in medical school and that's how it started out. I may be totally off base. Give it another listen. I still think it was Dean's turn to play the crash victim in Command Performance.

jdman

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 05:01:42 AM »
Admin is right surfermike. But I hear what you are saying. Sometimes Dean lowers his voice and they sound alike. You can hear that on some of the earlier records too. I think Dean's regular singing voice was better than his falsetto.

Surfermike

• Liberty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 07:36:19 AM »
Hey jdman, I guess you and admin are right - or should I say " I guess I found out for myself that everyone was right". I always thought that was Dean. Oh well. Hey, imagine listening to this classic album in it's original form before Liberty cut it up and Jan "sweetened' the vocals?  How about  On The Run  and the complete concert ? Where's that footage ? I guess we can only dream.

jdman

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 01:26:06 PM »
That all sounds good to me. But my main want is video of Jan & Arnie.