Author Topic: J&D Chords  (Read 6554 times)

NateRuvin

• Warner Bros.
    • View Profile
J&D Chords
« on: February 15, 2017, 06:54:14 AM »
I've been searching the internet for J&D chords, but I haven't had too much luck. A lot of the hits are on Ultimate Guitar, but I've been noticing a lot of errors. Are there any good sites, books, or even people to learn the J&D chords from? Even some of the lesser known cuts?

1Jay1

• Ode
    • View Profile
Re: J&D Chords
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 07:22:09 AM »
maybe a book for the future, are you asking jan and dean covers or just originals.

NateRuvin

• Warner Bros.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 07:39:35 AM »
Originals. Like everything Surf City-Batman, or as much as possible. Even some Carnival Of Sound stuff would be great. Pretty much, whatever I can get my hands on.

1Jay1

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 08:40:42 AM »
that sounds a good book, would love the originals from carnival of sound and batman.with studio photor. Come on mark how bout xmas 2017 .

jdman

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 05:14:13 AM »
Hold on now! lol  Mark has a major project going on with the new biography. Let's get that first.  :)

NateRuvin

• Warner Bros.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 05:33:57 AM »
Yes, I am so excited about Mark's current project!

Imagine a book with all of Jan's charts? Do they all still exist?

As a producer/arranger myself, that would be the holy grail!!!!  8) 8) 8)

1Jay1

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 06:19:08 AM »
i m sure the berry family have all of the scores and sheet music. It would be great to have a book of all parts, to let people know how much jan put into recording a track. I ve read Jan made every track as if it was a single.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Arwin
    • View Profile
    • jananddean-janberry.com
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2017, 11:17:50 PM »
I've been searching the internet for J&D chords, but I haven't had too much luck. A lot of the hits are on Ultimate Guitar, but I've been noticing a lot of errors. Are there any good sites, books, or even people to learn the J&D chords from? Even some of the lesser known cuts?

This is something that I've been planning and thinking about for a number of years. My goal is to publish something that goes far beyond mere chord charts. We have the original source materials to provide, in many cases, note for note transcriptions for most instruments.

As part of that, I want to publish a "Recorded Versions"-style tablature for lead and rhythm guitar.

I'll be turning my attention to this after the Jan Berry biography is published early next year.

surferbee

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 02:39:13 AM »
Genius! Jan would be so proud - as are we - 0f this great work you are doing Mark to protect and promote and nurture his legacy. Thanks.

NateRuvin

• Warner Bros.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 01:53:39 PM »
Mark, that sounds incredible!

1Jay1

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2017, 04:16:30 AM »
I d like to see Dean put a book out of the chords and the story of save for a rainy day.

NateRuvin

• Warner Bros.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2017, 02:11:17 PM »
I d like to see Dean put a book out of the chords and the story of save for a rainy day.

Agreed! What a special album!

1Jay1

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2017, 05:32:58 AM »
It would be great to read an indepth book on Save for a rainy day,and if Jan had any input on this,I e was Jan planning to do an album similer with the joining of the rain between each song, was there any songs he wanted to record,did he come up with the title,and Dean used the ideas?

This could be done,I m sure theres people about who could say what part they played in getting the Album recorded, what studios were used,

NateRuvin

• Warner Bros.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2017, 08:11:47 PM »
As far as I know, Jan had no involvement whatsoever.