Author Topic: New photo of jans car  (Read 2102 times)

1jay1

• Liberty
    • View Profile
New photo of jans car
« on: September 04, 2010, 07:59:39 am »
Check out the video on youtube it has a different photo of jans car after the crash

Carnival of Sound - Jan & Dean - Rhino Handmade - 2010

Also has a few other jan and dean photos

Mark A. Moore

• Global Moderator
  • Warner Bros.
    • View Profile
    • Carnival of Sound
Re: New photo of jans car
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 10:12:25 pm »

That photo comes from the Berry family. We used it in the packaging for "Carnival of Sound."

2dean2

• Liberty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 11:07:23 pm »
Hey Mark I got a question about the photos of Jan with the models , Were they taken b4 or after the crash ? He's using his right arm but that dont mean anything in a photo, Noticed he also had a beard !

Mark A. Moore

• Global Moderator
  • Warner Bros.
    • View Profile
    • Carnival of Sound
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 11:45:54 pm »
Well, Jan & Dean were on tour -- on and off -- in March and April '66, including the days leading up to the crash. So it's hard to imagine Jan with a beard and moustasche during that period.

It's my understanding that these photos are from '67 or '68 -- the "Carnival" era.

Jan could physically guide his right arm with his left, which would explain why it looks like he has the center blonde in a choke-hold :)

A reporter once noted that post-accident Jan shook hands by guiding his right arm with his left, and then using his right hand to squeeze the reporter's right hand "with a grip that could crush a surfboard."

1jay1

• Liberty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 04:12:41 am »
then thanks goes out to the berry family for letting us fans see the car,myself now has an idea of what the car looked like,on the other photo i couldn t make it out,

2dean2

• Liberty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 09:51:30 am »
I think I've said it here B4 . And I know it might be wrong . But I would like to see different angles of the car. This angle although slightly different and a much better picture. Is the same as the news photo.

1jay1

• Liberty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 07:53:28 am »
If you pause the video on the car you can see the front right wheel(passenger side) looks out of line with the other driver side wheel,(i m sure this was a left handed drive),the wheel still looks attached,by looking it looks like the back passenger wheels is still attached,can t see the driver side wheel,i wonder how much the fire crew cut to get jan out,as it looks the body work has been shattered,