Author Topic: meeting Jan  (Read 140 times)

suee56

• Arwin
    • View Profile
meeting Jan
« on: July 03, 2018, 06:19:58 pm »
This is a post for Maryw7, it must have been quite surreal to have met Jan, it must have been terrible for him with the horrific injuries and pain the accident left him with, i would have loved to have met him and as a physio, perhaps could have helped him a little more, thank you for that bit of support that you gave him.

maryw7

• Ode
    • View Profile
Re: meeting Jan
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 08:44:41 pm »
 :)  ...very nice ...thank YOU and it was an honor to me to have Jan consider me a friend.  He did so with his fans and people everywhere!!  And he liked to introduce to each other and get to know one another. When I was with him at the hotel once, he called Rob and Sonya and wanted me to talk to them. I knew this was who was helping him to make "Second Wave" a reality. 

Jan was always doing something special to make friends feel special.

He appreciated all you would do to help him ...soooo much and making time spent together fun. 

After I met him the first time, January 1995... I wrote him a letter and put our phone number in there. When I was at work one day, my husband called and said--guess who just called!!!!  I knew! ...I just knew!!!!

1Jay1

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 04:24:50 am »
Remember mary,you got to ride with jan to a gig with him.

1Jay1

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 05:31:33 am »
Mary, are you in touch with gerti?

maryw7

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 04:17:31 pm »
The last time I spoke with Gertie was in 2004 -- we corresponded via mail for a short time after.  I, too, have greatly wondered how she's been over these years.

1Jay1

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2018, 04:54:33 am »
I had an email address,and we spoke after jan died,and said about zinc tablets are good for the winter, and i ve taken them every winter, thanks to gertie, i d really love her to come on the forum,and chat to us jan and dean fans. I think the email was via surfun fan club, and now closed .