Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
DON'T YOU JUST KNOW IT / Re: Jan and Dean on Beach Boys Sirius XM station
« Last post by jdman on Today at 09:08:48 am »
Yes I agree. keep playing them. The BB station plays all the Jan Berry/ Brian Wilson collaborations too. But to my knowledge, there was no BW involvement on Freeway Flyer and Mighty GTO. Also, they've played Little Old Lady. The connection there would probably be that the BB's covered it.

I heard Surf City a couple of days ago and they introduced it by saying Jan & Dean used the Wrecking Crew for this song and convinced Brian to do the same. So that was cool!!
The Beach Boys channel will play certain non BB songs. I've heard Chuck Berry as well as other artists that maybe had an influence on Brian. If its a Jan & Dean song, most likely Brian had some input. How great to hear those 2 J&D songs! I'm not sure why they were played either. Just hope more people will now open their ears to other lesser known songs we all love. Keep playing them Sirius!
DON'T YOU JUST KNOW IT / Re: Jennie lee
« Last post by Admin on Today at 06:54:15 am »
On the Golden hits vol 1, did jan use the jan and arnie backing track and clean it up, and add deans vocals, or was it re recorded?

It was a completely new recording in 1962. The session is detailed in The Jan & Dean Record.
DON'T YOU JUST KNOW IT / Re: Jennie lee
« Last post by jdman on Today at 05:03:47 am »
It certainly sounds like it was completely re recorded. The sound is completely different.
DON'T YOU JUST KNOW IT / Jennie lee
« Last post by 1Jay1 on Today at 05:02:25 am »
On the Golden hits vol 1, did jan use the jan and arnie backing track and clean it up, and add deans vocals, or was it re recorded?
DON'T YOU JUST KNOW IT / Jan and Dean on Beach Boys Sirius XM station
« Last post by jdman on July 18, 2018, 04:58:27 am »
Recently, the BB station has played Mighty GTO and Freeway Flyer. They usually just play the songs with Wilson involvement. Any idea why they played those 2 songs?
DON'T YOU JUST KNOW IT / Re: Board Upgrade
« Last post by jdman on July 18, 2018, 04:54:22 am »
Great job Mark!
Jan & Dean Photo Galleries / Photos update
« Last post by Admin on July 17, 2018, 05:02:29 pm »
This "Photo Galleries" board will be phased out soon, and the images will be moved to the main site.
DON'T YOU JUST KNOW IT / Re: Board Upgrade
« Last post by surferbee on July 17, 2018, 11:55:53 am »
The new board looks great. Much easier to navigate especially on a mobile. Thanks Mark.
DON'T YOU JUST KNOW IT / Board Upgrade
« Last post by Admin on July 17, 2018, 12:56:54 am »
The board has been upgraded to the latest version, with the addition of a new modification to make the board mobile friendly.

You can now easily access and read the board on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10