Author Topic: What If ?  (Read 11685 times)

Charles

• Arwin
    • View Profile
Re: What If ?
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2014, 03:22:41 PM »
Dean was in Hot Rod magazine? I'd like to hear more about that.

Surfing , Cars , Skateboards....I love those songs. Who knows what themes would Jan have been explored in the 70's? What 70's artist do you think Jan would have been like during that decade? I'm really partial to artist like Curtis Mayfield, Lou Reed and Marvin Gaye, but I can't see Jan doing that kind of music.

ripplewine

• Warner Bros.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2014, 05:55:43 PM »
I remember reading somewhere that Dean and I think one of his cars was featured in Hot Rod Magazine.  I've searched in vain for it, so far.  Does anyone know which issue it was?

2dean2

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2014, 07:23:06 PM »
I'd say a 57 issue . It showed his 32 Ford Truck . I don't think it was a big article .
Prob just a pic of him and the truck. I 'm not sure musically were Jan would've gone for that matter Brian did'nt seem to do much in the 70's either . Did He ! ?

ripplewine

• Warner Bros.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2014, 02:27:19 AM »
Yep, the '70s weren't very good to Brian, I'm afraid.  I think he wrote just a handful of songs for the albums Sunflower, Surf's Up, Carl & The Passions-So Tough, and Holland.  When Endless Summer came out, with the Beach Boys '60s favorites, it blew those albums out of the water..

Charles

• Arwin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2014, 01:23:46 PM »
It could be that Jan's journey wouldn't have included Dean, at least into the 70's. Without Jan, Dean would be free to devote more time to Kittyhawk. I know Dean had created some impressive album covers in the 70's. Does any know what happened with his company? My impression is that he was making more touring with Jan, so he let Kittyhawk go.