Author Topic: Glen Campbell  (Read 3024 times)

Mike1965

• Ode
    • View Profile
Glen Campbell
« on: April 29, 2014, 06:23:03 PM »
As most of you know Glen Campbell played guitar in a lot of Jan & Dean sessions and is on many of the  Jan & Dean records that were recorded before 1966 on the Liberty label.  I was fortunate to see him when he was doing his Goodbye Tour.  This video is very touching and in it Glen sings a line from The Little Old Lady from Pasadena, incorrectly identified as a Beach Boys song.

Glen Campbell Farewell

Mark A. Moore

Re: Glen Campbell
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 07:20:36 PM »

Glen also played and sang on some of Jan's Carnival of Sound sessions in 1967.

Glen was a huge part of the original Jan & Dean sound on guitar. He and Jan were personal friends, and Glen was among the first of the Wrecking Crew to publicly state his admiration for Jan's writing, arranging, and producing.

Mike1965

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 07:31:27 PM »
It will be very sad to see him go Mark.  He is just a few years older than Dean.  Alzheimer's is such a horrible thing.  We are lucky Dean is still healthy.

Mark A. Moore

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 09:33:09 PM »
It will be very sad to see him go Mark.  He is just a few years older than Dean.  Alzheimer's is such a horrible thing.  We are lucky Dean is still healthy.

Agreed . . . Dean is one of the suavest dudes I've met from that era. He looks great and sounds great. The longer he can continue to share the music, the better. And even after the "music sharing" ends (in terms of concert performances), I hope to see Dean continuing to spread the word in interviews for years to come.

Garneau Mike Woonsocket

• Arwin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 08:32:59 AM »
Very touching video. Wishing the best for Glen and his family.

I agree, Mark, that Dean looks and sounds great. I saw him perform live in Woonsocket Rhode Island a few years ago and the performance was incredible.