Author Topic: Chris Rock mentions Jan & Dean at R&R Hall of Fame Induction  (Read 3100 times)

Actorman

• Doré
    • View Profile
Please do not let this thread turn into a discussion on the R&R Hall of Fame itself.  There has already been heated debate on that subject in other threads.

I just wanted to share that I caught a portion of the telecast of the recent induction ceremony and Jan & Dean were mentioned.  While inducting the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Chris Rock said something to the effect of "when you think of the quintessential California sound, you think of groups like the Mamas and Papas, Jan & Dean and the Beach Boys." 

It was really cool to hear them get mentioned, especially as equals with those other two groups.

2dean2

• Ode
    • View Profile
Re: Chris Rock mentions Jan & Dean at R&R Hall of Fame Induction
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 01:58:53 PM »
I wondering if it was his words or the writers ?
It's a difference if HE KNOWS J&D .  Vs the line being writen for him .
I dont agree with everything Chris says . But he does have a level head sometimes and  tells it like it is for people in poor areas.
I'm just glad the Beastie Boys  got in . What a load off my mind .
Now to start praying for Vanilla Ice . Word to your Mother

jdman

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 02:05:20 PM »
Well, that is awesome for them to get a mention. Thanks

jdman

• Ode
    • View Profile

2dean2

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 08:23:39 PM »
The reason I say it's a difference . Is I thought Jenny Mcarthy knew about J&D . When it was Dick Clark who told her to say Hi to them at the awards .  I'm glad I found this out before I met her . It wouldve been strange  Jenny " Well I 'm sorry but I didnt really know who they were. Mr Clark just wanted me to do a shout out . That 's not gonna change things is it "? Me  "No Jenny it wont , I'l still sleep with you, After all you've already paid me"  ;)  See she would be imbareassed and worried.
I must say It seemed like it came from Chris , of course true professional you cant tell .

maryw7

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 11:00:56 PM »
Thanks for calling this to our attention and for supplying the Youtuber!!   :)