Author Topic: one summer night live 1982 lp  (Read 4336 times)

dutchie

• Arwin
    • View Profile
one summer night live 1982 lp
« on: December 31, 2010, 02:54:23 AM »
I know it has been released on DVD but i am not sure on witch one. I already have the reunion dvd from 1979 but that one sucks. I want the good concert. Anybody has a link or name of the 1982 concert DVD.

Thanks in advance.

p.s
I love to have this on dvd:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt-jym6KLEA
Looks awsome !

Happy new year  :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 03:10:33 AM by dutchie »

maryw7

• Ode
    • View Profile
Re: one summer night live 1982 lp
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 05:33:38 PM »
http://www.amazon.com/Jan-Dean-One-Last-Ride-Dean/dp/B00004Z4W4/ref=sr_1_cc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1293931888&sr=1-1-catcorr

I think this is the one you mean

Which concert do you mean about a reunion from 1979?

The concert papa doo put on in the youtube you sited, has been released on video tape...and then a shorter version, I think, on dvd.  It is such a good, good GREAT concert.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 05:38:38 PM by maryw7 »

dutchie

• Arwin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 02:19:09 AM »
Thanks Mary for the link.

The reunion concert is the one where the acters of movie come on stage and try to sing with them. It is of course not a real reunion concert but i call it that way because thats the only i knew by then.

maryw7

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 03:35:49 PM »
Hey....you're welcome for the link. 

Even though the quality of this piece of film is excellent....(clarity, sound, etc.)....I certainly will have to disagree with you regarding the other film you speak of.  That, I believe, was the "California Special"  I am at a loss why you'd say what you did about that.  I love that one even more than the video of "One Summer Night Live" which you wanted info on.

Almost everything in the "California Special" was excellent to me.  (some of which is on YouTube....even on our Youtube thread here)...It's so neat to have Richard Hatch and Bruce Davison come up onstage to join Jan & Dean...love all the concert footage and the beach spots....and, of course, Glen's presence)

The only thing that makes me cringe in it, is when Dean and Jan are out on the sidewalk....surfin' (current at the time ....not pre April 1966)  Seems like it would have been too big a risk for Jan to break his left wrist or something....let alone knock his head on that street post he just about rolls into.

Why take a chance on getting hurt?.... guess they were "having fun"....that's the same humor, kinda, displayed while they're singing "Deadman's Curve" and have to show a front seat view of driver crashing into a truck.  Ah...that J&D humor.
Jan & Dean tribute
I put this here as Ana has put some of "California Special" in her YouTube (...like some of you haven't seen it, right?...right) 

« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 01:35:11 PM by maryw7 »

dutchie

• Arwin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 11:18:11 PM »
i remember that Scooby had a great mess.board on a few years back. I was one of the main posters on that board that sadly disappeared. Scooby has a fantastic website i regulary visit but the new mess.board was not my thing. I could never put on a message and when i could i find it not user friendly.

Thank god we dont all have the same taste regarding music and performance  ;D
The special was great but i found the performances poor from the boys on the special dvd. ( my opinion  ;) ) I will order the one you pointed out for me. So i can compare them.

greets  :)

maryw7

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 10:07:29 PM »
Yeah, Dutchie, Scooby and that message board!  But, really, after i calmed down that all my intricate posts were gone, I just put my "special find" right on here.   (to me anyway....the Dick Clark spots and the KRLA Beat pieces presented along with their "Turn, Turn, Turn" [one of the songs Dean says he likes from of them on "Folk 'n Roll"] )

It felt like Scoob was sabotaging my efforts!   >:(   But, I guess Ban & Bean is right...it's all for the best, when he said the changes were for the better.

Then i followed Scooby's direction and downloaded the Podcast:  http://www.jananddean.moonfruit.com/#
(click on the far right where it says:  " Podcast Now Live Click Here "  right above the black & white Jan & Dean photo from 1978 Beach Boys/Jan & Dean tour)

It is sooooo cool!!!

You'll hear a funny story Dean tell on a 2008 phone interview interspersed throughout.  It's about being at a party with Paul McCartney and pulling some of his "Dean" humour on ol' Paul!!

I saw you had posted over on the really hard to find message board the other day.  Soon, the message board should be all worked out...and easier to use.

The special was great but i found the performances poor from the boys on the special dvd. ( my opinion  ;) )

Wow...i guess we do have a point of disagreement.... I LOVED their performances to the max!!  So cute when Richard and Jan do the speaking in "Deadman's Curve" and Dean and David nearly look like twins....(actually, to me, Jan and Richard look pretty close too...in their other performances together, when Jan had his hair natural, they really were looking similar in their face...Jan's a bit taller, I think)

:)  (hand shake to you, Dutchie)

dutchie

• Arwin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 06:13:20 AM »
 ;D