Author Topic: New Digital Releases Jan & Dean Original Liberty LPs, 1962-1966  (Read 18898 times)

Mark A. Moore

Re: Missing Digital Booklets New Digital Releases Jan & Dean
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2013, 04:30:46 PM »
I got in touch with Itunes regarding the missing Digital booklet liner notes.  This was their response:

"... After a careful review of your purchase, our records show that the album "Command Performance (Live)" you
purchased doesn't have the digital booklet included. My apologies for the
confusion this has caused."

I subsequently checked the downloads at Amazon.  Most of the Jan & Dean downloads released contain the digital booklet.  However, three do not:  COMMAND PERFORMANCE... RIDE THE WILD SURF... and JAN & DEAN'S POP SYMPHONY.  My hope is that Mark will post his new, detailed liner notes for these three albums on this web site, as there seems to be no other way to see them commercially.

Yeah, iTunes wouldn't know anything about it.

It's up to Capitol to place the tracks and notes on Amazon and iTunes. They have a department that handles that.

On the good side, the info in those liner notes (in slightly altered form) will be included in the Sessionograpjy book, for historical context.

AlJolson59

• Arwin
    • View Profile
Re: New Digital Releases Jan & Dean Original Liberty LPs, 1962-1966
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2013, 05:02:49 PM »
There is no direct access to anyone at Capitol that handles those issues.  The only way to get a response from Capitol, as I discovered yesterday, is if you actually purchase the item directly from Capitol, on their web site, or rather, through their website.

It appears that Capitol either didn't bother to use your liner notes for these three releases or have withdrawn them.

So I assume, based on your response, that you will not be posting your missing liner notes liner notes from these three releases on this website? 

sunny13

• Ode
    • View Profile
    • FB fan site
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2013, 06:09:13 PM »
I love it.  Thank you Mary! 

Mark A. Moore

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2013, 08:12:07 PM »
There is no direct access to anyone at Capitol that handles those issues.  The only way to get a response from Capitol, as I discovered yesterday, is if you actually purchase the item directly from Capitol, on their web site, or rather, through their website.

It appears that Capitol either didn't bother to use your liner notes for these three releases or have withdrawn them.

So I assume, based on your response, that you will not be posting your missing liner notes liner notes from these three releases on this website?

At first, there was a lag in getting some of the notes posted . . . and then they appeared. It's just an oversight on Capitol's part. Nothing has been pulled. Working with them was actually a very cool experience.

Beyond that, Command Performance is the only thing missing. I haven't submitted notes for the other two, because I've since been focusing on the Sessionography project.

The notes will not be posted on the Website.

wintersdawn

• Liberty
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2013, 01:45:49 PM »
Such a shame no-one can or will help out with this problem, caution advised when considering purchasing digital downloads in case the liner notes have been omitted with no way of getting them elsewhere.  May cast a shadow upon those planning future hard copy publications due to being unhelpful.  Don't forget we're all brothers & sisters in Jan & Dean :)

Mark A. Moore

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2013, 04:12:29 PM »
Such a shame no-one can or will help out with this problem, caution advised when considering purchasing digital downloads in case the liner notes have been omitted with no way of getting them elsewhere.  May cast a shadow upon those planning future hard copy publications due to being unhelpful.  Don't forget we're all brothers & sisters in Jan & Dean :)

Yeah, you have to check the track list carefully. If "Digital Booklet" is not listed, there will be no notes with the download.

1Jay1

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2014, 01:00:26 PM »
what a difference the artists of today are,buy looking at this,Jan and Dean were pumping out 3 albums in a year,when nowadays artist pump out one album in 2-3-4 years,and both Jan and Dean were full time students as well,

Well done to Jan and Dean,