Author Topic: New Jan & Dean Purchases  (Read 13337 times)

wintersdawn

• Liberty
    • View Profile
Re: New Jan & Dean Purchases
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2010, 02:09:42 PM »
Just got 'All the Hits (from Surf City to Drag City)' 1996 double CD off Ebay.

Bitman

• Liberty
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2010, 03:10:16 PM »
It's not real new, but if you don't have the Collector's Choice 2-CD set of their Complete Liberty Singles...you owe it to yourself.  It's all mono as it should be.  I'll try not to go on a long dissertation here, but back in the day none of the artists/producers ever envisioned rock and roll being played on FM, so the music had to sound good coming out of a little mono speaker.  IMHO any rock and roll pre-1971 or so should be enjoyed in mono...stereo was an slapdash afterthought back then.  The singles set makes Jan & Dean sound even better...if that's possible!

Salzburg Surf Scene

• Warner Bros.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2010, 04:30:36 AM »
Technically not purchases, but birthday presents from the girlfriend (she's very cool when it comes to J&D, having not heard of them before: she even tolerates having a J&D poster on the wall...and she knows the words to Baby Talk):

Dean Torrence Anthology
Encomium In Memoriam
TAMI Show

wintersdawn

• Liberty
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2013, 02:26:25 AM »
Just got a great haul from one seller on Ebay for 31 delivered all in EX/EX condition:

Jan & Dean - Ride the Wild Surf - Original Mono UK LP
Jan & Dean - Filet of Soul - Original Mono UK LP
Jan & Dean - Folk'n Roll - Original Mono UK LP
Beach Boys - Christmas Album - Original Mono UK LP
Beach Boys - Smiley Smile - Original UK Stereo LP

Just 'Surf City' & 'Batman' to get on original UK LP by Jan & Dean now.  Anyone own a copy of Batman on UK LP?  It is listed as released in the UK by the official Jan & Dean website but haven't come across one yet.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 02:30:08 AM by wintersdawn »

wintersdawn

• Liberty
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2013, 07:00:47 AM »
Did some research and found the existence of 'Meet Batman' mono & stereo original UK LP's & had them added to discogs.com

ripplewine

• Warner Bros.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2013, 07:30:23 AM »
Wintersdawn--the UK label Bam-Caruso Records also re-released Jan & Dean Meet Batman in stereo in 1987.  In '89 I found it in a store here in the US that specialized in used records.   It wasn't the original LP I was hoping to find, but I was pretty surprised to see this one nonetheless!

wintersdawn

• Liberty
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2013, 10:42:37 AM »
Great find ripplewine, I might get the Bam-Caruso edition if an original UK LP doesn't come up.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 10:49:50 AM by wintersdawn »

wintersdawn

• Liberty
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2013, 04:31:00 AM »
Today received 'Dead Man's Curve/The New Girl In School' original mono US LP from a U.K. seller. 

wintersdawn

• Liberty
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2013, 10:20:41 AM »
Got 'Surf City & Other Swingin' Cities' original mono UK LP from Ebay for 3.99 plus shipping, graded as 'G/G' but was closer to VG/EX so very pleased :)

ripplewine

• Warner Bros.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2013, 06:54:59 AM »
Great find ripplewine, I might get the Bam-Caruso edition if an original UK LP doesn't come up.

Hopefully one will turn up sooner rather than later--I understand the original Liberty UK release is pretty tough to find.  Looks like you've had pretty good luck with the other LPs!  You might be able to find an original UK "Meet Batman" through eil.com. 
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 07:00:31 AM by ripplewine »

wintersdawn

• Liberty
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2013, 12:16:58 PM »
Thanks ripplewine for the eil.com suggestion will check them out for a copy of Batman or any others.  I have dropped on quite a few original vinyls lately but gone a bit quiet now, just as well need to hold a bit of money back!

wintersdawn

• Liberty
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2014, 10:29:10 AM »
Just received 'Jan & Dean Meet Batman' UK Mono LP EX/EX from Ebay UK.

Just got to get 'Drag City' US LP & 'The Little Old Lady From Pasadena' US LP.  That will be all the original 60's albums I want, just 'Carnival Of Sound' (Rhino) LP to get.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 10:40:48 AM by wintersdawn »

ripplewine

• Warner Bros.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2014, 06:19:52 AM »

Just got to get 'Drag City' US LP & 'The Little Old Lady From Pasadena' US LP.  That will be all the original 60's albums I want, just 'Carnival Of Sound' (Rhino) LP to get.

Excellent!  I'm glad you finally tracked down a "Jan & Dean Meet Batman" album, and a UK Liberty one at that :D

wintersdawn

• Liberty
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2014, 12:26:37 PM »

Excellent!  I'm glad you finally tracked down a "Jan & Dean Meet Batman" album, and a UK Liberty one at that :D

Many thanks, glad to have a copy, wasn't sure it even existed a while ago.