Author Topic: Carnival of sound Cost  (Read 2402 times)

1Jay1

• Ode
    • View Profile
Carnival of sound Cost
« on: August 24, 2010, 09:21:50 AM »
I wanted to know with the limited edition and a certain amount of cd/lps being sold how much will rhino make,as i read that warner lost money from the sale of carinval

How much would have the album cost to make,as there's a few out takes in the studio made,which didn t make the album,and then warner must have sold the tapes to rhino,after being left in the vaults for over 40 years,i wonder when they started to repackage this album,and also i m suprised that the quality of the tapes are still in a condition to use,i heard the Band "Queen had to have there tapes warmed up  to prevent them from cracking and losing the masters

kjan70

• Arwin
    • View Profile
Re: Carnival of sound Cost
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 03:34:06 PM »
From what I understand, most recording tapes from the early 60's until the mid 70's were made to last.  As long as they were stored properly.  In the mid 70's, tape manufactures started to make recording tape differently, leading to the sticky/shed problem.  When artists wanted to remaster their material in the digital age, the master tapes used would start to stick to the playback head of the machine.  The baking would help take out any moisture that would cause damage to the tape and the artist could then use the tape without problem.