Author Topic: Jan's crash site  (Read 19758 times)

damdamdam

• Arwin
    • View Profile
Jan's crash site
« on: July 08, 2010, 10:58:15 PM »
OK, it's a little macabre, but I was in LA this week and went to the approximate spot where Jan had the wreck -- Whittier just south of Sunset.

Does anyone know exactly how many houses down it happened?

Has anyone else been by there?

1Jay1

• Ode
    • View Profile
Re: Jan's crash site
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 04:33:21 PM »
I m sure theres a video from the silver summer album,and it has the raod jan drove down??

I d like too see an over head view of the road,if theres any way maybe via goole maps

Mark A. Moore

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 09:12:50 PM »
OK, it's a little macabre, but I was in LA this week and went to the approximate spot where Jan had the wreck -- Whittier just south of Sunset.

Does anyone know exactly how many houses down it happened?

Has anyone else been by there?

I've been there, and have been researching the accident and site for years.

I'm not going to give anything away before Jan's bio is published . . . but suffice to say that all current published and popular culture accounts of Jan's accident are completely bogus.

Not even close.

M.

surferbee

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 07:30:51 AM »
Hi Mark

I know I keep asking but are there any timescales against the sessioography and the biography? I can't wait for both - sorry to keep asking.

damdamdam

• Arwin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 04:07:40 PM »
I hope you've got a good agent, then! What's the status of your book? ETA?

I'm sure you've announced all this stuff, but it was before I got here. I'd like to read it... but what will you do if you don't get a deal? I hope you'll self-publish rather than let it languish.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 04:09:54 PM by damdamdam »

Ban n Bean

• Warner Bros.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 10:45:01 PM »
The accounts indicate Whittier and/or the Sunset/Whittier intersection.  If one looks for a curved area on Whittier where an accident might happen, I would guess around here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=886%20N.%20Whittier%20Dr.%2090210&sll=34.078576,-118.419957&sspn=0.01301,0.029182&ie=UTF8&om=1&ll=34.080495,-118.419957&spn=0.013009,0.029182&z=15&iwloc=addr

Go to street view and look towards the south and see the upcoming curve  (note the truck eerily parked on the side of the road).  While an automobile accident can happen anywhere, this area would seem to be a logical place.

Again, just a guess.

damdamdam

• Arwin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 02:09:49 AM »
Yeah, near that curve is where I thought it probably happened, based on what I've read. It was odd how quiet and nondescript it was. Just a residential through road. I'd always pictured it as looking more like the Sunset Strip. As it would in a movie.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 02:15:38 AM by damdamdam »

Mike

• Liberty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 07:15:43 PM »
Wasn't Dean living with Jan on or about  the time of the accident?    I wonder what insights he has on Jan's issues with the draft and starting the record company? 

1Jay1

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 05:21:29 PM »
i heard dean was living there around the time,as jill had moved out,jan had the disagrement with Dr don,so id say he wasn t living there,so maybe jans house felt empty,and with dean doing more singing on the records(batman album) as brian wilson, slone and barri,where working on other projects it makes sence for dean to be with jan,

I wonder if dean lived there while jan was in hospital???

Mike

• Liberty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 12:12:07 PM »
In retrospect, it seems like Jan's accident (on an almost straight road) wasn't caused by "Sinatra"  maybe it was a suicide attempt.  I'm just sayin'...

2dean2

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 12:49:03 PM »
Mike my understanding of the crash was that Jan was in the process of turning from one road to another. When his knock off wheel came off or he struck the curb  causing it to come off . I 've often thought that could be easy to prove by a mark on the curb and tire. But never heard of any evidence . The Sinatra angle comes in to play in did someone mess with Jan's car . And who would have a reason . Since Jan & Dean both drove Stingrays maybe they were trying to get to Dean But got Jan by mistake Another angle I will bring up is the old "You hurt someone I love now I'll hurt some one you love ! Suicidal before the accident I doubt it . AFTER ! Who would'nt be! At least sometimes.

1Jay1

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 02:16:03 PM »
its the same story,

So can someone say that somebody put the truck on jans route,how would anyone know which road jan would be using and at what time??

At the time of the accident jan was not happy with the meeting he had with the draft board,he wasn t happy about being drafted,he tried all he could to not do it,

Also how come nobody posted or spoke of this while frank sinatra was alive,where they worried???

2dean2

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2010, 12:03:58 PM »
Jay as I ve said earlier on the site, The fact that he hit the truck is not important . It's the fact that his wheel came off and caused a wreck . What he hit if anything was secondary . He could of rolled  it ... Hit a person , a tree  , another car head on...... I cant see the henchmen sitting there saying "Make sure you park the truck exactly 150' from the corner, That way he'll hit it just right"!!
As far as no one was talking about this years ago I've been a big fan since the DMC movie and I only heard about the "Sinatra angle " when I read about it in  Mark Thomas Passmores book a couple of years ago . I want to say that this is only speculation about what could've happened. The one thing that makes it more plausible than anything was the fact that LAPD was talking about it 30+ years after the crash. To me that say's something. I for one think it was Tommy Tedesco! Thats right it's a known fact that in the session prior to the crash Jan had taken the last doughnut !!!!! You NEVER TAKE A FAT MANS DOUGHNUT!!!!  ::)

2dean2

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2010, 12:10:26 PM »
HA HA! Just kidding! Tommy used to pinch a piece of the doughnut off to make it look like someone had taken a bite and put it back . So when it became break time there would be a doughnut that nobody would take . Thus leaving him a treat.   ;)

Ban n Bean

• Warner Bros.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2010, 01:14:06 AM »
Does anyone know if Jan had the Corvette serviced prior to the accident?  Change/rotate/patch tires perhaps?  Sometimes a failure is just a failure.