Author Topic: Carnival of Sound - Official Release on Rhino Handmade  (Read 43892 times)

David Beard

• Warner Bros.
  • www.ESQuarterly.com
    • View Profile
    • Endless Summer Quarterly
Re: Carnival of Sound - Official Release on Rhino
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2010, 03:06:21 PM »
It's a must-have. Dean designed the cover…
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 12:55:18 PM by David Beard »

MichaelB

• Doré
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2010, 03:37:40 PM »
Hi Mark.  Is there going to be a Japanese release of Carnival Of Sound?  Hopefully a mini LP?

Thanks,
Michael

Mark A. Moore

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2010, 04:05:47 PM »
Hi Mark.  Is there going to be a Japanese release of Carnival Of Sound?  Hopefully a mini LP?

Thanks,
Michael

First things first. Let's let Rhino Handmade do its thing and get it out . . . and then we'll see where it goes from there.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 08:02:18 PM by Mark A. Moore »

dutchie

• Arwin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2010, 11:07:25 PM »
I really hope that Rhino releases it soon. I got the "not official "version  of this great album. That one sounds good. Cant imagine what i will hear when i listen to the "official "version !!!

Mark A. Moore

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2010, 11:24:32 PM »
I really hope that Rhino releases it soon. I got the "not official "version  of this great album. That one sounds good. Cant imagine what i will hear when i listen to the "official "version !!!

Big difference in sound quality . . . and that's an understatement.

David Beard

• Warner Bros.
  • www.ESQuarterly.com
    • View Profile
    • Endless Summer Quarterly
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2010, 07:46:34 AM »
Very big difference in sound… The same way the Dennis Wilson Bambu had been bootlegged for years, but when it was released in 2008 there was no comparison.

1Jay1

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2010, 02:34:26 PM »
For many years i ve been waiting for this,and i understand about bootlegs of artist and songs which never come out,A lot of people would buy them as this could be the only chance of hearing a song which may have been talked about and was left of an Album and left in the can,and yes the Quality would not be good in some cases,

Paul McCartney once said about the Beatles Anthology cd set, he was glad the track were finally released so the general public could get to listen to them,he said it was a waste when there kept in storage at the EMI studios,

In the past i got The bootleg version of carnival of sound as i really wanted to hear this Album,and i m now glad to get the official release,and can t wait

scooby1970

• Doré
  • Jan & Dean Researcher & Historian
    • View Profile
    • Jan & Dean Site
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2010, 03:27:53 AM »
If the quality of the sound is anything like "Louisiana Man" on the Hang 50 CD I'll be more than happy! That song sounds better than I have ever heard it, and is all the better because of that. I'm really looking forward to the sound-quality as much as the track listing.

:) Mark

Mark A. Moore

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2010, 05:27:45 PM »
Saw a proof of the CD tray today . . . progress.

Mark A. Moore

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2010, 09:56:32 PM »
Mark, will the early version of "Lousiana man" be on this CD? The one that Dean overdubbed with a killer leadvocal? I think that version seriously kicks some mighty a$$

Basic track-wise, the foundation is there . . . but Jan's version for Carnival is markedly different from Dean's. Jan's version features brass and woodwinds.

1Jay1

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2010, 12:39:17 PM »
I d lke to see the dean version in the final release,the version on the Jan and dean label,(louisiana man),

With the singles being released on warner and jan and dean records,i get confused which version is which,thats why i thought dean was singing on a few warner sessions,as i have the single here,(louisiana man/like a summer rain-jan and dean records 402)

Also On a version of Blowing my mind theres jan saying i m flying just before the third verse,and i also read he sang back up vocals,so i wonder rhino will use that version.

dutchie

• Arwin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2010, 06:49:32 AM »
any release date yet  :D I feel like a little kid waiting to get his xmas present  ;)

Mark A. Moore

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2010, 12:14:11 AM »
any release date yet  :D I feel like a little kid waiting to get his xmas present  ;)

Join the club  ;)

Tonight I saw the final CD liner edits, which have been shipped.

So, as the old saying goes . . . It won't be as long as it has been.

Dr. Mortacue

• Arwin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2010, 06:23:27 AM »
Rhino Handmade has a snippet of "Tijuana" playing on their website http://www.rhino.com/handmade/HandmadePage/handmade-page , if you click on "upcoming" releases and then on "Surf's Up".

They also gave a hint in their latest newsletter offering the Monkees' "Birds + Bees" 3 CD set. So the release date seems to be only a couple of days off ...

Mark A. Moore

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2010, 11:05:07 AM »
Of all the songs to use for a teaser  ::) . . .