Author Topic: Rhino UK  (Read 3595 times)

surferbee

• Ode
    • View Profile
Rhino UK
« on: April 02, 2010, 04:58:30 AM »
Rhino UK have just put Carnival of Sound up as a pre order. Both the CD and album are currently listed as 1000 each - that's $1527 each.

Must be a mistake! I've emailed them!

jdman

• Ode
    • View Profile
Re: Rhino UK
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 06:00:42 AM »
Wow!! It's a great album and all, but that's a little high.

Mark A. Moore

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 11:52:58 AM »
That's gotta be a mistake. Hard to imagine them selling anything at those prices.

Ban n Bean

• Warner Bros.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 01:48:29 AM »
Notice that the Rod Stewart CD packaged in a longbox is also 1000.

The scary part is that if one adds it to the shopping cart it's still 1000 (but would qualify for free shipping   :) )

ripplewine

• Warner Bros.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 01:45:39 PM »
Hahaha! That's right, because the thousand pounds sterling does NOT include shipping!  My copy of Carnival of Sound was waiting at my doorstep when I got home from work last night; spent all last evening listening to it.  It's fantastic; the drastic improvement in sound quality over the handful of tracks I'd heard before is amazing!  Only problem is you have to be careful taking the CD off the peg in the case--it's very tight, but I can fix the peg with a file.

Mark A. Moore

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 01:49:27 PM »
Hahaha! That's right, because the thousand pounds sterling does NOT include shipping!  My copy of Carnival of Sound was waiting at my doorstep when I got home from work last night; spent all last evening listening to it.  It's fantastic; the drastic improvement in sound quality over the handful of tracks I'd heard before is amazing!  Only problem is you have to be careful taking the CD off the peg in the case--it's very tight, but I can fix the peg with a file.

I read on another board where a guy actually broke his Carnival CD while trying to get it out of the case. Rhino had to send him a new one.

ripplewine

• Warner Bros.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 01:57:56 PM »
I was very worried about doing the same thing.  I actually cracked the plastic under the peg when I pressed it hard enough to release the disc. Rhino's jewel case design could use some refinements!   They did have it securely packaged, though.