Author Topic: Box set.  (Read 258 times)

1Jay1

• Ode
    • View Profile
Box set.
« on: December 21, 2018, 09:36:37 AM »
I emailed David logeman via the surf city allstars website, to ask Dean for a Boxset. He contacted him,as he said nothing planned at the moment.

jdman

• Ode
    • View Profile
Re: Box set.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 11:06:15 AM »
how do you do a box set now? I think those days are over. Everybody streams.

Surfermike

• Doré
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 07:40:05 AM »
I’m still waiting for my wish list. Do the Hullabaloo Show tapes still exists? According to Mark’s book, ten live songs were left in the can still waiting for all of us to hear. How about all the extra footage from the “On the Run” concert. Is that also sitting around in a can somewhere? What a treat that would be for all of us to listen and view this missing material fifty years later!

1Jay1

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 09:54:34 AM »
I d love to have the hullabalou show, maybe included in a box set.

Surfermike

• Doré
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2018, 10:54:55 AM »
Actually, imagine both shows from Hullabaloo in December 1965. Just the way the audience heard it those nights without the sound effects that was later added for side 4 and the latest Filet of Soul cd. Next (in our dreams) would be a dvd of the complete concert from San Diego that we partially saw in On the Run. We can only hope!

NateRuvin

• Liberty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 10:41:50 AM »
Maybe it's too late for a physical boxset, but look at The Beach Boys copyright releases! Every year now, we get new albums filled with unreleased material, live material, remixes, etc... And in the case of the 1968 sets, they are only available digitally.

I'd love to see a proper digital release to commemorate J&D legacy.

Here's my wish ....

1 All of the studio albums from Dore to Popsicle with original mono mixes and 2019 stereo mixes.
2 All of the material from after the accident and onwards... both solo and J&D... (Dean's re-recordings both from '77 and the 80's, Port To Paradise, Second Wave)
3 Studio outakes, sessions, unreleased material, backing tracks, a capellas, etc... (sort of like how we got those backing tracks on the 1996 greatest hits CD)
4 Live material (preferably without much studio enhancement)

If a set like this was released, I would probably feel like I died and went to heaven!!! ;D

jdman

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 04:22:20 AM »
I'd love to see a release of all that stuff. and if those tapes from 1965 live exist, that would be great as well.
just so you know, most of the albums are available digitally. But there's not enough Jan & Arnie and early Jan and Dean. There's some, but we need more.

1Jay1

• Ode
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2019, 04:34:57 AM »
Jans mono mixes are the best. Would love all those in a box set.