Author Topic: Jan  (Read 573 times)

suee56

• Arwin
    • View Profile
Jan
« on: June 17, 2018, 11:04:04 AM »
Hi, just newly joined this site,having seen Deadman's Curve movie again recently, for the first time since a 21 year old many years ago, it has renewed my interest in the guys, Jan was gorgeous!!! i never realised how badly he was taken advantage of after his accident so sad, it is disgraceful. Also the way he managed to recover sufficiently to perform again, was nothing short of a miracle.

jdman

• Ode
    • View Profile
Re: Jan
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 04:30:14 AM »
Yes, Jan's story is incredible. I wish they would do a new movie and show the production and arrangement talents he had.

Surfermike

• Doré
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 10:14:52 AM »
I always thought there should be a new movie on Jan & Dean also. What he did in the studio was incredible. He didn't have any training that I know of, just amazing talent. His production and arranging values as well as being in medical school wasn't brought out in Deadman's Curve. The real story on J&D and released in theaters would interest fans and those not familiar with them.

Spazzatron

• Arwin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 08:24:33 AM »
A new movie, with greater historical accuracy and the attention to detail that was given to the Love & Mercy biopic would be phenomenal.  Jan's skills as a producer, and his abilities to organize and co-ordinate with the many talented friends and people around him to build a career in entertainment while simultaneously enrolled at medical school are just incredible, and would make for an interesting film.  There were a lot of very interesting relationships that really add to the story which weren't included in the tv movie.

DMC did a good job for what it was; it had to fit '58-66 in 45 minutes, and '67-76 in another 45 minutes, about eight minutes a year.  A lot of information was pared down or removed to focus on the main aspects of the characters and to move the plotline along, basically a story of redemption as Jan sees the greater value in his relationships with others once he can no longer do everything himself and push others aside.  The characterizations focus on the relevant personality types to the story, ie Jan is successful because he is hard-driven but it increasingly pushes others away, Dean is along for the ride but as a loyal friend etc.  It's more incomplete than inaccurate (although it certainly has a number of inaccuracies!).  Plus it does have that skateboard scene.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 08:26:06 AM by Spazzatron »